How did japan knew 30 mins before that a tsunami and earthquake was going to take place?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

The earthquake sensors detect certain waves in the Earth, they gave a warning of just under one minute, which was flashed onto TV screens.. Nonetheless, they are saying that it saved thousands of lives.

The Tsunami warning varied depending where you were. If you were close to the point where it was generated you got very little warning, further away you got more.

Think of how much time you need to get everyone together, get out of your house or workplace and get to the nearest place of safety. 10 minutes isn`t that much if you have children or elderly people to assist.

Some of our relatives had extremely lucky escapes, I am waiting until contact can be made to find out how they managed it. I have only had 3 phone calls connect since it happened, Communications ceased almost immediately, along with the electricity, the water supply and so on.

We are still waiting for news of many other family members and friends though.

• Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago

i heard a special earthquake cloud forms above an earthquake before it happens. Sometimes special earthquake lights too.

• 9 years ago

They didn't. That's just an urban myth you heard. It's impossible to predict where and when an earthquake will happen.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.