Did anyone else know that Catholic Nuns "Marry" Jesus Christ?

I just found this out. I'm not trying to give anyone a message. Its new to me and a bit odd.

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

This is rooted in the Catholic understanding of consecration to God as a religious sister.

Through her vows, the nun enters a unique relationship with Jesus, based on her total dedication to him.

• Login to reply the answers
  • romans
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

once you study heavily, Jesus did no longer ever say the crucifixion became his meant potential of redeeming mankind. The Apostles have been at a loss as to a thank you to act after the crucifixion, which had under no circumstances been on the tables. they had under no circumstances been arranged for it and Jesus wasn't arranged for it the two, yet he'd accomplished his artwork as a stable rabbi, and unfold countless solid concepts, some taken from sects, others from Greek philosophy, others from issues he'd learnt in Alexandria and perhaps interior the lifeless Sea communities. After Jesus it wasn't plenty "how can we comprehend what Jesus taught" as "how can we make the disappearance of this prophet useful and tie all of it up right into a logical, new faith". Arguments approximately what Jesus's visual charm and disappearance have been meant to point went on for hundreds of years. In some years' time we will have the e-e book of the newly chanced on Judas' Gospel. which will positioned some cats between the pigeons. enable's desire we get the unadulterated version and not Benedict sixteen's version.

• 9 years ago

Yes, they do as like the Bride of Christ in the Revelation.

Sacrament of marriage is holy as God is holy; so the nuns are per se holy by their marriage to Christ. So, are the apostles and then all priests of the Catholic Church.

• 9 years ago

They have lots of weird ideas.

But, that one's not AS weird as some others. Actually, we will ALL "marry" Jesus Christ. The Bible speaks about the Marriage Supper of the Lamb where the Lamb (Jesus Christ) marries His bride (the "church"). By "church" it's not referring to the Catholic church (or any other "denomination") but rather all believers of all time. This will take place in Heaven while the Tribulation is taking place on Earth. It will be an interesting time!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 9 years ago

Yes.. 1/2 of my family is catholic. They called it "Spiritual Marriage" and they wear a ring too.

Wonder if Jeuses would be Ok with all these Nun wives.

Source(s): Atheist
  • 9 years ago

Yes! Some even wear wedding rings.

• 9 years ago

They say that they are the " bride of Christ". I tend to differ , nevertheless that is what l hear they believe.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Did you know that the church ,as a whole, is the bride of Christ?

• 9 years ago

Yes.

Source(s): Grew up Catholic.
  • 9 years ago

It means they give their life to Jesus. Just like a wife gives herself to her husband. And priest give themselves to the Church, just like husbands give themselves to their wives.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.