Can Lloyds TSB Bank close my account without notice?

Today I was trying to use my debit and credit online but couldn't. I called up the customer suervices and they asked me to go the bank with a ID. At the branch i was told that the bank has decided to withdraw all the facilities offered to me with immediate effect. I will be only able to with my money from my... show more Today I was trying to use my debit and credit online but couldn't. I called up the customer suervices and they asked me to go the bank with a ID.
At the branch i was told that the bank has decided to withdraw all the facilities offered to me with immediate effect. I will be only able to with my money from my account (balance over £5000), once I have settled my credit card bill for £1100 - I don't understand why they did this as I pay off my credit card in full each month and the credit card bill has been over £1100 at one time not just once but many times.

I have been a customer for over 4 years and they did this without any notice. I am supprised, amazed and stressed. Can anyone guide me what they did about this.

Many thanks