Sol
Lv 4
Sol asked in TravelAfrica & Middle EastIsrael · 9 years ago

Why doesn't Israel use Solar Power only for electricity at least during the hot months April - September?

Since most of Israel is very hot full of sunshine (it never rains between April - September) especially the Negev

All you need for a solar power plant to generate electricity is a lot of mirrors

(mirrors that a central computer rotates throughout the day to reflect the sunlight from the best angle to heat the water tank) to reflect the sunlight onto a huge water tank to heat the water that turns the generator.

all you need for solar electricity is about 100 mirrors Maximum (The Sunshine is FREE)

How expensive can it be

Update:

Also they could use natural gas (which Israel recently discovered in Haifa) at night to heat the huge water tank that turns the generator.

http://www.haaretz.com/news/israel-s-largest-ever-...

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Israel is one of the world leaders in solar energy technologies. It´s known to everyone with the IQ superior to 40.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • John E
    Lv 6
    9 years ago

I believe that the current energy production is more than adequate in Palestine/Israel.

You see, large amounts of energy are needed usually in the West or the far Eastern Industrial countries.

Israel is a simple rural place where the people have very basic needs, such as a candle or a gas lamp.

You'll be amazed to know that more than 1/4 of the Jewish population of Palestine has never owned a TV apparatus!

The beauty of this 3rd world space of land is that the people there do not value highly any of these "modern" contraptions that we, the Western people seem to enjoy so much.

In my humble opinion this is the sheer beauty of Palestine/Israel!

Greetings

• 3 years ago

Homemade Solar Power Videos : http://SolarPower.siopu.com/?fDf

• Arilou
    Lv 5
    9 years ago

electric solar power in the form you suggested requires a lot of land. such land is available only in the Negev, but will have to be at the expense of nature.

the common solution in israel is to add solar panels to homes / buildings / etc to produce electricity on buildings that already exists. these buildings are connected to the national grid, and by that provide power when they sell the electricity when they don't need it, and buy electricity when it is needed.

this solution is good only for houses, as tall buildings have less surface area.

israel is very advanced in this field.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • parten
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

that's superb to work out 3 dogs night coated i admire "products of April" I had merely broken up with a female chum while it got here out and that i will't help yet think of of her everytime I hear it. the different ones are quite great songs to, notably "November Rain".

• 9 years ago

Solar panels are expensive and the Palestinian state asks for a $200 Billion compensation.

• Kevin7
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

Israel does use a lot of solar power much more than the rest of the world

• 9 years ago

Solar panels are expensive, Zionists cannot afford both i"D"F and Energy hence the need for the 20b$ handout.

• 9 years ago

Maybe they're waiting for the USA to do it for them. Otherwise, they'll call them "anti semetics".

• 9 years ago

y dont u build the plant for free, then maybe theyll do it!!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.