Trying desperately hard not to be an a$$hole to this ex but failing? What else can I do?

An ex of mine is an ex for a damn good reason. After dating me for 2 months she walked out of a party on me with her ex and slept at his place. After that they got back together again, and at first I tried to be friendly still because I have to see her so often in class (she's in the same major). Except she... show more An ex of mine is an ex for a damn good reason. After dating me for 2 months she walked out of a party on me with her ex and slept at his place. After that they got back together again, and at first I tried to be friendly still because I have to see her so often in class (she's in the same major). Except she kept telling me how bad he was treating her so I stopped having anything to do with her (I sat far far away from her and no longer went to her house for hangouts, which is a shame because I got along well with her roommates).

She didn't bother talking to me until her one-time-ex broke up with her again. After that it was 'oh you should come out to dinner with us'. And when I turned those down and she'd show up at a party my friend was hosting she'd text me things later like 'I'm glad we're friends again but I admit I was more than a little jealous of how you'd been hanging around _____'. I blatantly kissed the girl (who I really do like and have just started to date) in front of her the next time. She told me 'I understand, I'll stop bothering you when you're with her'. No she doesn't. I want her to stop talking to me at all.

How much more should I have to do here?
1 answer 1