Will we end up back together?

My boyfriend and I have been together for 5 years. We love each other very much, but for the past two weeks we'd been bickering with each other. I said I wanted space to think, which was only like 2 days. However, last week he got upset and wanted space and after a week he called and wanted to break up.

I was very confused becuase he's always said I was "the one" and wanted to get married. We'd been planning moving in together next year and getting engaged. He says he thinks it just won't work out right now becuase the thought of all that scared them and he feels trapped, he says it's not about other girls, but he feels like he needs to get out there and experience things to make sure the way he feels. He wants me to keep all the stuff he's given me, and he's keeping all mine, I'm also on his phone plan and he said he's still paying for it. When I asked how he'd explain that to a new girl he said they would have to "deal with it".

I still think we'll wind up together, we were each other's first love and love each other very much. Am I stupid in thinking this? I've heard people sometimes break up before a big commitment, he even said it could be commitment issues and that he's very confused. He said he just doesn't think it'll work out, but then he did say at one point "who knows in a couple of months, if I still feel how I feel about you then I'll know". I texted him asking if it he thinks we'll still wind up together after some space and he said yes. Is this false hope on my end? Help please!

We did have a good relationship up until this last month. he always said I was the "one" and wanted to get married. He insists even now he'll always love me no matter what.

And as for my side...I love him very much. I really couldn't imagine my life without him and it hurts. Even after all this, it hurts.

Also should I not talk to him at all?

Favorite Answer

you are going through the same thing that me and my boyfriend went through, like you we dated for a really long time and like you my boyfriend said that he felt "trapped" and told me to keep the stuff. but honestly your ex is just trying to make the break up easier. he loves you to much to just be like i dont want to date you anymore and gives you false hopes so you wont be as sad. i had the impression that my boyfriend wanted to get back together with me and 7 months later he has a new girlfriend that he says he is crazy about. i know that this realization is hard, and maybe not even what could happen with you. but i dont want another heartbroken girl to go through all those months saying he will want me back. its best to have your time be sad about what happened and just move on, trust me it will feel like its never going to happen. but time heels everything, and you will eventually find someone else. just remember that everything happens for a reason. and keep your head up high :)

Source(s): pretty much the same exact thing happened to me

Give him some space so he can live lie a little like he wants to.

Whilst he has his space you should take the opportunity to take some time away also and do things that you want to do instead of sitting about waiting and wondering if you will get back together.

I know you are upset and feel disappointed and let down because the plans and hopes you had have been dashed but you jjust never know. You could meet someone else who is even better then the boyfriend you had or you could get back together. Nobody can predict the future.

Do nice things for yourself whilst you are getting over this break up but do not and I repeat do not sit about waiting for him to come back just incase he doesn't.

If you need to talk I would be happy to talk with you.

OK you need to get off his phone plan and pay for yourself, that will make him see he is losing you. If you are meant to be together it will happen. But maybe you need time apart, no contact to see whether you really miss each other. If you keep the phone plan that is always a reason to talk, best to cut all ties and sees if he wonders what you are up to. If he does not, then at least you will know you were not destined to be together. Good luck

Its not false hope, there is a good possibility, but it depends on what happens during that couple of months. Would you be willing to take him back if he went out and sampled a few women? People get restless, its not because he doesnt love you, perhaps he just wants to experience some new things, who knows what though. Hang in there, and let it take its course.

Yes, it sounds like he is maybe just afraid of the commitments he's made with you, maybe he's just not ready to get engaged yet...or not ready to change his lifestyle at the moment. Just discuss it with him and compromise, see what works out best for the both of you. I am sure you guys will get back together.

Was your relationship and communication good? if not then no im afriad that you might not get back togetherr.but if he says you guys might end up together then sure you are totally keep your hopes highh[not too high then you might be let down][

Dont listen to Eriballe. If it was meant to be youll end up together. Just give him his space

>only time will tell you what you need to know<

people say one thing and do another as you know

>search your soul and every part of your heart for the answer you need<

Ya i think its false hope sorry

I'm afraid you will never end up back together