"Atheros 2011 Wireless LAN Driver"?

Screenshot:

http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm5/fyoteface/s...

My laptop is telling me this is an important update, but the information for it cuts off mid-sentence. Does anybody know what the rest of this is supposed to say? I'm a bit iffy about telling it to install, considering it won't tell me anything about it. A google search gave me practically no useful information.

Best Answer

I'd be leery to download it too. Try the laptop maker's tech support phone number. {drivermax.com} seems to always have any driver I ever needed.

Source(s): I downloaded an update from Hp's email & it didn't work right for my printer. Had to delete & reinstall the setup disk driver. Works fine, don't worry about it.

Atheros 2011 Wireless Lan Driver

Well, most consumer level internet doesn't even break 20mpbs. Still, wired will always be faster especially since there won't ever be any RF interference. The fastest wired LAN can hit 1000mpbs. The fastest WiFi hits about 108mbps max. Of course, this is for consumer level products. If you want to talk about commercially available products, the numbers get much larger, with wired connections taking a HUGE lead.

It's a driver for your Wifi card in your pc.