Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social SciencePsychology · 9 years ago

Why assisted suicide should NOT be legal..help?

I have to do an outline on why assisted suicide should not be legalized... I have no idea what to put.. and i can't find anything online really.. can anyone help me?

I need like legit reasons, and also if assisted suicide was legal it would only be for the terminally ill but still.

Favorite Answer

To me assisted suicide only should be legal and is legal in the Netherlands at least and I am sure in some other countries by now, if a patient really suffers tremendous pain and this is a progressive disease and it will kill the patient anyhow. Then it's called euthanasia and that is legal assisted suicide only applicable in cases where a person is very ill with a prognoisis that his or her condition will get worse and they will suffer a lot of pain and eventually will die from this illness then a doctor can help them with euthanasia.. they have to be of sound mind and they have to sign a paper and then their doctor can give them a sleeping pill and then inject something into their bloodstream when they are unconcious so that they won't wake up... a toxic medication that stops the heart from beating and they are officiallly declared dead.. .that is a legal and allowed form of assisted suicide but only if this is a patient who suffers from an incurable eventually fatal illness that causes a lot of pain...then it's allowed to give euthanasia, at least in the Netherlands.. not for depression and not for any other reason.. not just because a person is sick of life... that is not allowed, only for the reasons mentioned. x

The groundwork of the hippocratic oath is do no damage - or the latest variation isn't play at God. I feel each man or women has the proper to be freed from worry, agony, and loneliness. I feel you could have a proper to select your possess ideals. I feel individuals who select suicide are both now not firmly in manipulate in their intellectual colleges or discomfort - either one of which will have to have steps taken instantly to finish the main issue BUT now not by way of killing them. I can not aid an intentional 3rd get together finishing to someones existence. That is how I outline the phrase homicide. If I am fired as a pharmacist for now not issuing the morning after tablet am I additionally fired as a doctor for now not killing you?

Perhaps because life isn't so black and white. Who would it be OK to assist? Those who are only terminally ill? OR also those that are just depressed over a breakup?

• Suki

it's a moral/ethical issue. Abortion is also one such issue. These are questions that have no absolute answers. They revolve around life and death- that is why they raise so much controversy. You should be able to find lots of information on this, both online and in scientific articles, books etc. Just make sure your sources are credible before choosing them for your paper.