?
? asked in Arts & HumanitiesPhilosophy · 9 years ago

How do we know what reality is if the way we look at the world is limited by our brain and our senses?

Genie Gold, you are funny but I won't report you.

• Favorite Answer

What we 'know' of reality, is the erroneous result of our interpretation coming from our limited capacity of our consciousness. This has created a mindset during history of mankind, that is giving the feeling of existence to individuals by being identified with their mind and emotions and the gathered property. As the 'feeling of existence' is the dominating force, so there is no logic involved or only that much, that can support oneself. That makes it so difficult for evolution, because it would be necessary to go beyond the established mindset, - entering into unknown fields...

That's not what people want, as they are getting their satisfaction out of what they 'know', even though this is fake and as a result they are living in a fake reality that they have created themselves!

That's is exactly the situation of humankind at this moment of evolution: We are stuck in this limited level and even though we are suffering, we continue to turn around ourselves! But there are questions like yours, showing that there is a need and urge to go beyond, - freeing oneself from the straitjacket of the established common mindset!

Great! Continue asking!

BeiYin

First off, we don't look at the world with our brain we use our mind. The two are actually different. The brain is the organ with the synapses and stuff, the mind is well... debatable amongst philosophers. If you listen to Plato then the mind consists of three parts, though he calls it the soul. Also, since this is under the philosophy section, to answer your question would be difficult because each philosopher believed differently about it. So it depends on who you are following.

Because there is no one absolute reality. It's different for everyone and based on personal perceptions that are derived from one's social status, life conditions, education level, etc. Everyone sees it differently through their own personal lens and always will.

http://www.soulsastray.com/

If this question is correct, then each individual would have their onw surreality, and reality would be the effect of this fact being true! Guess what. this question is called "MODAL REALISM", AND THE EFFECT IS INDIVIDUAL SURREALITY< AND TTRUE REALITY IS IGNORED BY ALL EXCEPT SCIENTISTS, and is the effect of all the combined effects of surreality of "modal realism". The answer is known to me, and is the basis for my global roleplaying system, called " INFINITE WORLDS"! The secret is the" tierra firma under your feet". You see, yout name is tito, and you are the fuse between the macro space, and the micro space. . (outer space, and inner space). You see, only this singular fact is true in both "REALITY AND SURREALITY" (realism and modal realism). This fact, and only this fact can be trusted in both reality and fantasia, nature/culture! When this fact is employed as a surreality device. for roleplaying, the feather edge between reality and modal reality is feather edged, and thereby surreality can be made conscious. and blth lived, and used as a learning device, as well as a device for "self fulfilling prophecy", all simultaneously.

This character whom you are reading, ahorrita, senor, es un caracter de fantasia, AND IS NOT REAL. I made up this character 9 years ago, for the purpose of studying spanish on the internet. My name is "Chico Gringo Segundo" . I am known around the world. in various disguises, including myself, and none of these characters are real. I am noty real. I am a suit of clothing for muy creator, (HI), and ai am worn like a suit of clothes. I am simply an internet personality. Much the same way an actor changes their name, for the stage, (( a stage name/screen name) I learned this from the old CB radio days, wherein we all had fake names and fake personalities. Personally i was a southern hillbilly from the southern deep woods of tennessee. Y'all. You know, people nowadays have excellent satellite communication technologies, and they still cant communicate. Wann a roleplay?

By the way , your question is an excellent question, and i am starring it. If you are interestied in getting on top ofthis perspective, then contact me, for much more in depth communication. My name is Chico Gringo Segundo, and i am athe disc jockey for my own radio station, radiowwww@yahoo.com

Source(s): Life experience.

At the risk of getting reported I will offer you the following possibility: A strong dose of LSD or Psilocyben Mushrooms

now what could be so threatening about a colorless/tasteless/oderless liquid whose lethal dose has never been found or a fungus that prefers the decomposing matter produced from ungulate species?

sounds real dangerous to me...oh wait, they are...they are dangerous to the male dominator culture that wants to brainwash everyone into being good little consumers through propaganda and bad television

...

gee thanks :)

Source(s): this age is an old dying man with advanced cancer
  • The answer is we don't.

Science is still a very long way from figuring out the full extent of 'reality'.

Check out some phenomenology. It's cool.

well..reality is not individualism like atheists..it's more universal...like socrates but in a balanced way to look at.....brain or senses can never be limited it's elaborated...check out the book ethics and culture by ruggeiro.

So-called reality is the interpretation of perception from the unique perspective of the viewer.

An alternate perspective gives a very different view.

Which one is true reality?

Love and blessings don

• Julia

how else would you like to look at the world then? what are you proposing?