Jehovah Witnesses, is Jesus a legitimate God or one of the False God's Paul Mentions in Galatians?

With answersing please don't tell me Jesus is a real legitimate god but not the God, because Isaiah 43:10 specifically says no god before or after me. Anybody in the bible that was given the title god (lowercase g) was not a real god, look it up you'll see.

Only God is our Savior (Isa 43:11)

Jesus is our Savior (Tit 2:13; 2 Pet 1:1)

God is our only Rock (Isa 44:8, Ps 18:2, 94:22)

Jesus is our Rock (1 Cor. 10:4)

Only God can forgive sins (Luke 5:21)

Jesus forgives sins (Luke 5:20)

God is our owner (Isa. 54:5)

Jesus is our only owner (Jude 4)

God is the horn of salvation (2 Sam 22:3)

Jesus is the horn of salvation (Luke 1:68-69)

Paul is a slave of God (Tit 1:1)

Paul is a slave of Jesus (Rom 1:1)

No man can slave for two masters (Mat 6:24)

God is the King of Israel (Isa 44:6)

Jesus is the King of Israel (Mat. 27:42, John 1:49)

God is a stone of offense and a stumbling block (Isa 8:14)

Jesus is a stone of offense and a stumbling block (1 Pet 2:8)

God was valued at 30 pieces of silver (Zech 11:12-13)

Jesus was valued at 30 pieces of silver (Mat 26:14-16)

To God, every knee will bow and tongue confess (Isa 45:22-23)

To Jesus, every knee will bow and tongue confess (Phil 2:10-11)

Please show me in scripture not your thoughts and/or watchtower theology!

Why do Jehovah's witnesses giving their thoughts and feelings. One person says Jesus is a representative another says Jesus was never worshipped. Do they even look at the greek? Do they ever wonder why the new world translation changes worship to obesiance only when referred to Jesus but when referred to God, the devil, and man its still worship. They keep saying look at the bible in context but you look it up not in what the new world translation says because thats what the watchtower says. Look it up in the greek and go to google translate and then see what it says. Or is google the devil to?

• Shooty
    Favorite Answer

Jesus is legitimate, but Jehovah Witnesses are not.

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was with God in the beginning. Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made." - John 1:1-3

(I should note that the Greek word for 'word' in this verse is 'logos' which is a name given to Jesus)

I just have to say Bravo, you have not read those scriptures. You really copied and pasted what Bob said. I have a question for you. Are you looking for the answer? or are you trying to "prove" to yourself that JW are wrong because they do not know their bible?

(Isaiah 43:10-13) "“YOU are my witnesses,” is the utterance of Jehovah, “even my servant whom I have chosen, in order that YOU may know and have faith in me, and that YOU may understand that I am the same One. Before me there was no God formed, and after me there continued to be none. I—I am Jehovah, and besides me there is no savior.” “I myself have told forth and have saved and have caused [it] to be heard, when there was among YOU no strange [god]. So YOU are my witnesses,” is the utterance of Jehovah, “and I am God. Also, all the time I am the same One; and there is no one effecting deliverance out of my own hand. I shall get active, and who can turn it back?”"

(Titus 2:13) "while we wait for the happy hope and glorious manifestation of the great God and of [the] Savior of us, Christ Jesus,"

(2 Peter 1:1) "Simon Peter, a slave and apostle of Jesus Christ, to those who have obtained a faith, held in equal privilege with ours, by the righteousness of our God and [the] Savior Jesus Christ:"

Savior: Repeatedly the Scriptures refer to God as Savior. At Isaiah 43:11 God even says: “Besides me there is no savior.” Since Jesus is also referred to as Savior, are God and Jesus the same? Not at all. Titus 1:3, 4 speaks of “God our Savior,” and then of both “God the Father and Christ Jesus our Savior.” So, both persons are saviors. Jude 25 shows the relationship, saying: “God, our Savior through Jesus Christ our Lord.” (See also Acts 13:23.) At Judges 3:9, the same Hebrew word (moh‧shi′a‛, rendered “savior” or “deliverer”) that is used at Isaiah 43:11 is applied to Othniel, a judge in Israel, but that certainly did not make Othniel Jehovah, did it? A reading of Isaiah 43:1-12 shows that verse 11 means that Jehovah alone was the One who provided salvation, or deliverance, for Israel; that salvation did not come from any of the gods of the surrounding nations.

It would be impossible for Paul to be claiming that Jesus was a false God. Wake up. Read the book, for heaven's sake. Galatians is all about Jesus being the Son of God and the only way to be justified in God's sight. 'Not by works, lest any man should boast. It is apparent that no flesh can be justified by works.' Just read the book, and don't try to nit pik a single verse until you get an overview of what Paul's message was.

I reiterate, it would be absolutely impossible for Paul to be claiming Jesus was a false God when Paul proclaimed Jesus as the Son of God and the salvation of man.

And that rant at the end, dude, just read it. From the first verse of Galatians to the last. It's not a long book. Paul loved Jesus. He would never claim he was a false God.

The 'false gods' as you put it, Paul talks about in Galatians is folks trying to teach that you still have to be circumcised to be a Christian. They were Jews that had become Christians, but were trying to put people up under the old law, Greeks in particular, who had never been circumcised, in the Galatian church. I love what Paul finally tells them, in the GREEK, "If they're so zealous for circumcision, I wish they would just go all the way and cut the whole thing off!"

I'm not a Jehovah's Witness. I'm a Christian. You've got to get out of inconsequential details of literal translations, and get the whole message. Jesus came to save. He and the Father were one. If you've seen Jesus, you've seen the Father. John 14. Stop trying so hard to figure it out and concentrate on living it. HE is the way, the truth, and the life. Arguing your point will get you nowhere, especially with Jehovah's Witnesses.

Hi, I want to answer your additional details. The King James Version of the Bible says that Nebuchadnezzar worshiped Daniel; Daniel 2:46. Then in the King James Version says the Cornelius worshiped Peter; Acts 10:25. Then in Hebrews 1:6 (King James Version) says let all the angels worship him-speaking of Jesus. Yet in the book of Revelation an angel tells John not to worship him.

Then in Judges chapter 3:15 it says this: But when the children of Israel cried unto the Lord, the Lord raised them up a deliverer, Ehud the son of Gera, a Benjamite a man lleft handed and by him the children of Israel sent a present to Eglon the king of Moab.

Jehovah God raised up Jesus, a prophet like Moses, to deliver mankind from sin and death; Deuteronomy 18:18-19. This scripture does not say that God would raise himself.

Acts 3:22,23, going hand and hand with Deuteronomy 18:18-19, goes on to say about Jesus:In fact, Moses said, Jehovah God will raise up for you from among your brothers a prophet like me. You must listen to him according to all the things he speaks to you- Indeed, any soul that does not listen listen to that prophet will be completely destroyed from among the people" In Acts 3:19 it says those who turn around and repent-and listen to Jesus-will have their sins blotted out.

1st Samuel chapter 16 tells us Jehovah anointed David as king of Israel also, and then Luke chapter 1Verse 32 it says this: This one will be great and will be called the Son of the Most High; and Jehovah God will give him the throne of David his father, 32- and he will rule as king over the house of Jacob forever, and there will be no end of his Kingdom.

A lot of the scriptures you use to try to prove the divinity of the Christ can easily be seen as Island scriptures.

• Anne

God means ruler and Jesus is a ruler, a God, as the Bible calls him in a few places. In the spirit world rulers are called Gods, gods. Psalms 82:1-8; John 10:34,35;..

There is no equal to the Most High God YHWH, Jehovah. ( if there is a most high God, there are lesser Gods/rulers )

Feel free to learn more Bible truth here;

http://www.watchtower.org/e/bh/article_00.htm

• CF

You are always using Scriptures without paying attention to the context.

If you pay attention to the whole context of the Bible, instead of analyzing Bible verses separately, you will increase in accurate knowledge.

if you observe other Scriptures, you will understand that the Bible makes clear that the apostle Paul is a slave of God and Jesus:

Titus 1:1:

Paul, a slave OF GOD AND an apostle of JESUS CHRIST according to the faith of God’s chosen ones and the accurate knowledge of the truth which accords with godly devotion.

Can you understand from the Scriptures above that God and Jesus are two separate individuals?

A few other examples:

1 Timothy 1:1:

Paul, an apostle of Christ Jesus under command of GOD our Savior AND of CHRIST JESUS, our hope.

2 Timothy 4:1:

I solemnly charge you before God AND Christ Jesus, who is destined to judge the living and the dead, and by his manifestation and his kingdom.

Hebrews 1:1, 2;

GOD, who long ago spoke on many occasions and in many ways to our forefathers by means of the prophets, 2 has at the end of these days spoken to us BY MEANS OF A SON, whom he appointed heir of all things, and through whom he made the systems of things.

James 1:1:

King James Bible

James, a servant of God AND of the Lord Jesus Christ, to the twelve tribes which are scattered abroad, greeting.

Jesus has a God and a Father:

1 Peter 1:3:

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, for according to his great mercy he gave us a new birth to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead.

Revelation 1:1:

"A revelation by Jesus Christ, which God gave him..."

Philippians 2:10, 11:

For this very reason also God exalted him to a superior position and kindly gave him the name that is above every [other] name, 10 so that in the name of Jesus every knee should bend of those in heaven and those on earth and those under the ground, 11 and every tongue should openly acknowledge that Jesus Christ is Lord TO THE GLORY OF GOD THE FATHER.

See it is God that exalted Jesus and gave him a name above every other name. So it is Jehovah´s will that "every knee should bend of those in heaven and those on earth and those under the ground, and every tongue should openly acknowledge that Jesus Christ is Lord." To the glory of whom?

Jehovah God, the Father.

If you consider the whole context of the bible, you´re going to have a much better idea of whom Jehovah and Jesus are.

• IJAH

I'll Go with Martin since that is the truth. Jehovah's Christian witness>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>...Psalms 83:18

That [men] may know that thou, whose name alone [is] JEHOVAH, [art] the most high over all the earth.

Exodus 6:3

And I appeared unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, by [the name of] God Almighty, but by my name JEHOVAH was I not known to them.

Isaiah 12:2

Behold, God [is] my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid: for the LORD JEHOVAH [is] my strength and [my] song; he also is become my salvation.

Isaiah 26:4

Trust ye in the LORD for ever: for in the LORD JEHOVAH [is] everlasting strength:

.. KING JAMES VERSION.>>>>>

Jesus is not a god. There is no way in Bible JESUS say "I am god worship me". Don't come to us and say , so and so said that Jesus said worship me.

Source(s): Bible

Greetings,

This question really demonstrates the fact that EVERY scripture used by Trinitarians to try and show that Jesus is equal to God demands an ignorance from its hearers of the original Greek and the context of the Bible.

This question requires us to have an ignorance of the different Greek words translated as "worship" in the KJV: PROSKENEW and LATREUW.

Notice how accurate translations render the original Greek of Lk.4:8:

"Thou shalt BOW BEFORE the Lord thy God, and Him only thou shalt SERVE.'"--Young's Literal Translation:

"You must do HOMAGE (PROSKUNHW) to the Lord your God, him alone you must serve (LATREUW) ."–NJB, 20th Century NT & WEY

"The Lord thy God, shalt thou worship, and, unto him alone, render divine service."--Rotherham's:

So when someone does just a little research they see that Christ says ONLY God should receive "sacred worship." And this Sacred Worship/LATREUW is never rendered by the faithful to anyone other than the Most High God Jehovah. This word means "*religious worship, or, to render religious service*" (Thayer's Greek Lexicon pg. 372, 373).

The word LATREUW, which denotes sacred religious service or worship, is NEVER given to Jesus in eighter the LXX or N.T. Trinitarians must ignore or minimize this evidence.

On the other hand, PROSKEUNEW is also rendered to kings and others (Gen 33:3,6,7; Ex. 18:7; 1Sam. 20:42; 24:9; Mt.2:2, 8; 8:2; 9:18; 15:25; 18:26; Rev. 3:9, etc.). The Greek word "proskuneo" means: "*to do obeisance to, give homage to, prostrate oneself, adore, welcome respectfully.*" (Strong's Greek Lexicon pg. 61; Bauer, Arndt, Gingrigh, Danker Greek-English Lexicon pg. 716)

Regarding the verses where many translations say that Christ received "worship" notice what many Greek scholars say:

On Jn.9:38 GRB Murray says: "PROSEKUNHSEN is commonly translated ‘he worshiped him' . . . but this is doubtful...PROSKUNEW reflects the Eastern custom of prostrating oneself before a person and kissing his feet...It would seem that in Jn 9:38 the healed man is ascribing honor to the Redeemer from God, which is beyond that due to other men but short of that due to God Almighty."

R. Schnackenburg says: "The man's action is not the expression of formal adoration of Jesus, but of the honor due to the God-sent bringer of salvation." (Schnackenburg 2:254).

Ralph Earle comments on Mark 5:6: "Probably "fell on his knees in front of him" (NIV) is a safer translation" (Earle 37).

While PROSKEUNEW can be used to indicate "worship" of God, only by resorting to theological bias can anyone insist that this term indicates that Jesus is receiving worship equal to Almighty God.

This is because the fact that Jesus is not God almighty is a very clear and explicit teaching in the Bible. Every scripture which says that Jesus has a God clearly proves that Jesus cannot be Almighty God. The Bible speaks of Jesus having a God over him at least 17 times even after he returned to heaven! (Mic.5:4; Ps.45:7; 89:26; Mat.27:46; Mk. 15:34; Jn.20:17; Rom.15:6; 1Cor.11:3; 15:24-28; 2Cor.1:3; Eph.1:17; Tit.1:4; Heb.1:9; 1Pt.1:3; Rev.1:6; 3:2,12).

Could it ever be said that Almighty God has a God? Not without imaginative equivocation and contradiction.

Then there are dozens of Scriptures which explicitly show that Jesus had to receive power and authority from God–even after he returned to heaven: (Daniel 7:13,14; Mat.22:42-44; 28:18; Ac.2:34-36; 1Cor.15:27,28; Eph.1:22; Heb. 1:13; 2:5,8; Rev. 2:26-27; 5:12). God also had to subject all things under Jesus even after he was elevated to heaven.

If Jesus were Almighty he would have no need for anyone to give him power and authority or subject things under his feet!

Jesus knew less than God at every point of his existence. Before he came to earth and even after he returned to heaven he had to receive knowledge from God. (Mk.13:32; Jn. 5:19-20; 8:28; Ac.1:7; Rev.1:1). Would Almighty God have to be taught, receive a revelation, or not know something? Would He have to be shown greater works?

Scriptures repeatedly show that Jesus is less than God at every point of his existence. At the highest position he will ever attain, Jesus still has a God over him and is "subject" to *GOD* the same way we are "subject" to him (Jn. 14:28; 1Cor.15:27,28).

Now, these verses are explicit in what they say and need no interpretation. While some may marshal verses and arguments in defense of the Trinity, their verses always require an interpretation which demands an ignorance from their hearers. And they also must force a later meaning into Scripture (anachronism).

Because all Trinitarian arguments rely on a presupposition of their theology they are eisegesis, not exegesis. As a result they cause Scripture to contradict itself. On the other hand, the Bible is very clear: Everywhere in the Bible God is separate and distinct from Christ.

Yours,

BAR-ANERGES

Source(s): For my response to some of your other misinterpretations in this question: http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=AjXA9... http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=201103...

Jesus is NOT God himself...

He is God's REPRESENTATIVE.

(John 7:29) I know him, because I am a representative from him, and that One sent me forth.”

Who was SENT by God.

When you obey Jesus, the representative, you are obeying God...through Jesus.

A representative is NEVER the principal.

(Mark 9:7) And a cloud formed, overshadowing them, and a voice came out of the cloud: “This is my Son, the beloved; listen to him.”

Jesus is the SON, not the principal...

Source(s): NWT