Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 9 years ago

christians, why can't you give me a straight answer?

Original Question:

you say that evolution is wrong b/c "how can something not alive, come alive?" but you have no people believing that god "breathed life" into some dirt and made man, then took one of adams ribs and made a woman. how does that make sense? and how about god only making two humans, you need at least 35 people to have a population that wont interbreed. so that would mean that every one is inbred. or that moses and his kids lived to be around 900 years old? the oldest person who ever lived was about 112 or 120 years old. and thousands of years ago you were lucky if you lived to 35!

Now answer this:

every time i ask about god or the bible you people say "oh, that's just a metaphor" or "god is able to break the laws of physics" or "the 2nd law of thermodynamics..." why? and the 2nd "Law" of thermodynamics isn't a real law, it just says that it is more likely that things will get more chaotic, not that they must. here is an example if i take all the pages out of a book (1,2,3,4...etc) and through them in the air, is it impossible that they will return to 1,2,3,4, etc? no, its just unlikely, but if you did it enough they will. just like evolution and all that, put the right ingredients on a good enough planet and a few billion years, and you'll get life.

Favorite Answer

Evolution is the closest explanation to what appears to have taken place over billions of years... A scientist looks at the evidence and can’t help to draw conclusions… Christians read some of the Bible and look around for supporting evidence! They totally disregard the primitive immoral nature of the Bible writers! Science is still wearing diapers!

Christians of all brands, including some prominent US PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATES like Pat Robertson REALLY hate SCIENCE because it contradicts the Bible stories. NOBODY can POSSIBLY imagine what America would be like with Pat Robertson as President! Pat has millions of Christians in America supporting him with a lot of money! He believes that science is a Communist plot to hurt America!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WynH9nJuSuk

Youtube thumbnail

&NR=1

So far the evidence is that the universe is billions of years old and many events must have taken place during all that time including, but not limited to a big bang theory! Regardless of any evidence that contradicts religion, Christians are forcing their primitive dogmas on the rest of our society!

Everything that the Bible God was creating "was good, very good!” But soon enough God had to deal with all kinds of glitches. God created man to take care of a small garden that he planted in the region of Babylon (Iraq) where some the Bible writing Jews were HISTORICALLY held in captivity not in Egypt, but in Babylon! They wrote that an “Ark of Noah” landed not far from Iraq. They wrote that this Earth the biggest CENTRAL object of the whole universe. They came up with the idea of a humble God wanting to have a garden that included the “tree of knowledge of good and evil.” The garden was planted on this microscopic speck of dust that we call the Earth at the edge of the Milky Way which is one of the smallest galaxies in this humongous universe! Any Christian has to give up their sense of reality in astronomy to worship a NARCISSIST God who didn’t pick a much more spectacular galaxy to be worshipped “day and night” for ever and ever for zillions of years like the Bible writers claim! This God created Adam MALE! Adam was trying hard to find a “help mate” for himself among ALL THE ANIMALS that “God” created, but they found out that “NO HELP MATE” could be found. God admits another glitch in his “very good” creation that creating man alone was unjustifiably "no good" (Gen 2:18-20)! Even the Jewish Talmud Yebamoth 63a, plainly states that Adam had sexual intercourse with all the animals in the Garden of Eden, until he FINALLY had sex with Eve!

Genesis 2:23 (KJV) And Adam said, This is NOW* (*this is the turning point for Adam because BEFORE ha had sex only with animals!) bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh: she shall be called Woman* (*in the Garden of Eden God had him NAME TAGGING ANIMALS!)

God put together Eve as an afterthought! After EVE ate of the “forbidden fruit tree” God GREATLY INCREASED her birthing pains that she NEVER experienced before AS AN AFTERTHOUGHT!!! Only a wanking Bible writer deeply involved in the smuttiest fetishes would come up with a “God is Love” idea like this one that Christians deep throat like a charm!

The story in the Bible about humans paying for their “sins” after they die was added later on, also as an AFTERTHOUGHT! “God” said to Adam that IN THE DAY that he eats of the verboten fruit he shall “SURELY DIE” (Gen 2:17), but he didn’t! The Preachers came up with the “spiritually speaking” idea to explain away anything absurd in the Bible.

• Judith

Personally, I don't have a problem with evolution. When Darwin wrote the first edition of The Origin of the Species, he postulated that God may have breathed life into just a few species, or perhaps only one. This theory is not in contradiction with the Bible in my opinion. The fossils of "early man" are a bit subjective. There are very few, and no complete skeletons. The entire fossil record of early man would fit onto a single desktop, and the validity of some are still hotly debated to this day. I believe that man was a unique creation, based on the Genesis account, but otherwise I see no conflict between my faith and evolution. Therefore, I would explain the dinosaurs and climate changes just as you would.

Your answer to how life arose is as good as most of the scientists who have tried to answer this question (this is not a question that pertains to evolution, by the way). The real question is how? There is no mechanism for it to happen. Your assertion that with "the right ingredients" and "a good enough planet" and billions of years is about as ignorant and backward as the people who believed that piles of laundry spontaneously generated rats or that old meat spontaneously generated flies. You realize that is what you're talking about, right? Spontaneous Generation.

Your words :the oldest person who ever lived was about 112 or 120 years old. and thousands of years ago you were lucky if you lived to 35!

The Word of God: He was a Hebrew patriarch and the grandfather of Noah. Not much is known about him, other than his extraordinary lifespan. Book of Genesis (5:27), Methuselah lived 969 years

I think the reason many can not give you an answer that you can accept...is because they are trying to use YOUR method instead of God's.

I don't claim to know how God did things. I can not claim that every word in the Bible is absolute truth and from God himself. But...I do walk with God and communicate with him many times every day through my spirit...and I have come to know his character. I KNOW that he is supreme over everything and everyone. Not because someone told me that he was....but because he has proved it time and again in my daily life. This connection can not be scientifically explained...and it only makes people look dumb to try to explain it in that way.

God is the only one who knows what happened and how. And HE is the only one that needed to kniow.

He gave us a choice. To walk with Him or not to walk with Him. I have made my choice...and you will make yours. It is our right to do so. I will not condemn you if your choice is not the same one I made. That would be arrogant of me to do so. I ask that you extend me and others like me...the same courtesy.

No one is forcing you to believe, you either believe it or you don't, that is totally up the any individual who choose's not to believe in God and His Word. Faith comes by hearing and hearing by the Word of God, Romans 10:17. Hebrew 11:1; Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. The rest of the this chapter gives you examples of the acts of faith.

Don't confuse evolution with abiogenesis. Evolution is change over time. It doesn't explain the beginning of life.

Your problem is that you limit yourself to the physical, and there's more to life (and God) than that. Knowing the why doesn't help or change lives. Knowing the Who, God, does.

Science is about looking at evidence and forming facts

Religion is about getting facts from a book, and looking around for evidence

• because they don't have a straight answer to give you. They believe in talking snakes and people living in fish....