Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Stockholm University?

I was born in Stockholm, Sweden but moved to the US when I was 5. I have citzenship there and I was thinking about going back for school. I'm interested in studying psychology at Stockholm University and I was wondering if anybody has any info about how difficult it is to be accepted and if it's a good school for that area of study?

Any information would be appreciated, thank you!

• Sthlm
    Favorite Answer

If you want to get a degree in psychology and be able to work as a psychologist, you must follow a five year university. To be licenced you must also complete an internship. Admissions to universities in Sweden are always for a specific programme or a specific course; you do not first get admitted and then choose a major. Students often apply for similar programmes at several universities, prioritising subject before university. Admission is normally based on marks (grades) and/or test results (Högskoleprovet). The levels needed differ far more between different subjects than between universities. Psychiatry programmes are among the hardest to get into. Which university you study psychiatry at will be of very little importance later in your carrier. After obtaining your license to practise it will be quite easy to get licenced in many other European countries, but being allowed to work in the US may prove to be much harder.

Read entry requirements carefully (should be the same for all psychology programmes) as very few US high school graduates meet these. When applying you can list several university + programme combinations, typically you would list several psychology programmes in Sweden in order of priority and perhaps a different programme as a backup plan. Note that psychology is also available at the Karolinska Institute, which is so close to Stockholm University that location cannot be an issue.

Source(s): www.studera.nu
  • ?

If it says it demands a TISUS (attempt i svenska för universitets- och högskolestudier) that seems especially immediately forward - they want you to have some expertise in Swedish. you are able to in basic terms attempt emailing the top of the dep. you're attracted to. Get the respond immediately from the horses mouth. ...then initiate getting to grasp Swedish! it quite is a huge language.

Uppsala!