Why does my refrigerator make weird noises?

I have a GE refrogerator that was purchased around 2007. It has started making clickiung noises and they would last from 10 to 15 minutes. A beeping noise just sarted yesterday with the clicking noise. I have already powercycled the refrigerator.

• Missy
    Favorite Answer

Is it cooling properly. Click can be the control board or the PTC. Let me know.

Source(s): 32 years appliance repair GE authorized

There's a number of reasons a GE fridge can beep. See http://www.fixya.com/tags/ge_profile_refrigerator_...

fridges do no longer final perpetually. examine with the service branch of the shop the place to procure it and ask them if it must be serviced. some uncomplicated maintenance might look after all your problems. additionally, the vents on the front of the refrigerator (close to the floor) might desire to be vacuumed each each so frequently to get the airborne dirt and airborne dirt and mud and dirt off so air can cirulate extra freely.

• Scott

It might be because you haven't ever blown the dust out of the coils in the back... there's a compressor in back there too & probably full of dust also... 5 Years of dust in a refer= hot dogs ;) GLWT= GooGodck with that