ccll asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 9 years ago

how many pounds can you lose in one month by not drinking sodas?

I weight 193 and I am trying to lose at least 6 pounds by the end of this month. I used to drink a soda almost everyday and I wanted to test myself to see how much i would lose by not drinking them for a whole week. The only thing that I drink is water or juice if I have the urge to have something sweet. So far, I have been doing this for two weeks and I haven't touched a soda yet. I had even gotten to the point where my parents brought a whole case of sodas into the house to drink with our meal and I didn't even touch it or look at it....How many pounds do you think that i will lose in 1 month by doing this and will i notice it?

Favorite Answer

You won't lose pounds, but your calories intake for the month will be LOWER.

Don't drink juice, because it is also high in calories and sugars. Avoiding one soda a day for a month will decrease you calories by 140 per day.

140 X 31 = 4340 calories, which is about 1 pound, 5 ounces per month.

Not a lot, but its a good start/ If you need to lose 6 pounds also lay off the chips, candy bars, and do some walking or other exercise.

You wont lose any pounds. Losing weight is not as easy as not drinking soda anymore, you have to exercise and EAT healthy. You need the proper nutrition, which you wont get from juice since it is high in sugar. You should start exercising daily, not drinking soda or juice, water, eating fruits and vegetables and other healthy meals+food. So to answer your question, ill estimate 0 pounds, and no you will not notice it.

You have to start exercising, thats what makes you lose fat, not abstaining from drinking soda lol

Well last month I did this thing with my friend where her and I both quit pop and caffeine, and I drank only water for a solid month, AND I exercised a lot (ran about 3 miles a day, along with lifting heavy weights for 1 1/2-2 hours 5 days a week) AND I ate a healthy diet, and I lost 0 pounds. I weigh 185 and I think I have plateaued

• Tasha

If you were drinking just one soda a day it won't make that much of a difference especially since you're replacing it with juice. It's going to be able the same amount of calories and sugar. You may be less bloated from the lack of carbonation from the soda

No matter how you slice it, diet is a dirty word. It smacks of deprivation and hunger pangs. To overcome the pain, you need a plan.

So WebMD asked the experts for advice, and put together their quick tips on how to get your weight lossgoing.

1. Know Your Weight Loss Goals

2. Understand Your Weight Loss Personality

3. Double Up: Diet & Exercise

4. Make a Firm Weight Loss Commitment

Good Luck and Take care :-)

Finally, be sure you're committed to losing weight for yourself -- not because someone else is pressuring you to do so.

Then, take things slowly, keep these tips in mind, and you should be on the road to weight loss in no time.