Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 decade ago

I gather nuclear energy has taken a beating as of today?

Favorite Answer

I disagree, to take on a huge earthquake, then a Tsunami, and then an explosion and still not release radiation at devastating levels speaks volumes about the safety and redundant systems within a modern nuclear plant. We don't have earthquakes and tsunami's in Michigan,Nebraska, Idaho, Illinois, Wisconsin, etc. So there would be very little risk in most of our states.

If you opened your brain instead of just bleating like a sheep you would realize that the plant was a 40 year old facility designed to withstand a 7.0 not an 8.9 and in reality it withstood the quake but the two sided punch took it out in the end.

Had it been built to withstand the "big one" instead of the regular quakes it would have been fine.

Yeah, I had hopes that it could help us too. Nuclear power plants always fail eventually from seen or unimagined risks.

if the reactor container malfunctions... it's going to get a lot worse...

it will be like a nuclear gulf oil spill...

Yeah, I honestly don't know how you fanatics expect us to get any energy. No coal, no nuclear, no oil...

WTF?

Sure has .