What did the Crucifixion achieve?

If Jesus died for our sins etc ....what really happened. Are we all better now. what would we have been like for the past 2000 years if he hadnt been nailed to a cross?

Update:

no I dont believe it...I would like a believer to express their views on this.

It seems to me that if God is omnipotent and omnipresent he must have known that there wouldnt be much change after sacrificing his son.....so why do it.

Its illogical, captain

Update 2:

thanks for the reply Mickey

You say that Jesus could only be son of god or mad

I think there are other options.

maybe he wanted to rule his people from a position of power

Update 3:

"If Jesus hadn't died on the cross for our sins there would be no salvation and everyone would go to hell without being given a chance to get into heaven. "

hold on a minute

why would god create everything only to destroy it again...including innocent people . So Im sitting on the other side of the world from Jerusalem and if the Jews hadn't killed Jesus , I would be damned for eternity

Also...what happened to everyone before Jesus's demise . Did they get into Heaven ok because they were born sooner.

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

A better question is: "What does the Christian religion achieve?"

Free will is a sticky conundrum. Most responses I get from Christians are that free will is given by God because only through free will can they achieve true salvation. It must be a conscious choice to work.

What I don't understand is why God - being omnipotent and all-powerful - couldn't make it so that free will is NOT necessary to achieve true salvation. Afterall, God created everything...including the loophole, right?

• 10 years ago

Nothing. It never happened. Just a tale.

Xians have a lot invested in the Crucifixion. But like the alleged persecution of modern day believers, it is all imaginary fiction--Crucifiction.

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

If Jesus hadn't died on the cross for our sins there would be no salvation and everyone would go to hell without being given a chance to get into heaven.

Now of course we DO have a chance to spend eternity with God: by accepting God's forgiveness of our sins, repenting (turning away from our sinful lifestyles) and living the rest of our lives to fulfill His purpose for our lives.

It's that simple. Might be social suicide if all your friends are atheists, but you get to live the rest of your life in fellowship with God and with a deeper sense of fulfillment and then when your life on earth is over your soul lives forever in paradise (Revelation 21:10-27).

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

Killing an innocent man. That's all.

"the non Christian really has no logical alternative but to accept that Jesus is God"

Mickey. All you achieve with your spamming bullshit is that people see you as a moron.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    10 years ago

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrovbBGh8oU

Youtube thumbnail

&feature=fvsr

The concept of Jesus dying on the cross for reparations of sins, was a concept brought about by the Herodianly corrupted Sanhedrin (the original were slaughtered by Herod). Jesus never died on a cross... they couldn't kill him no matter how hard they would have tried. That was the miracle of the sign of Jonah. For three days and three nights, he survived, lived and stayed alive!

Quran 4:157 translation

That they said (in boast), "We killed Christ Jesus the son of Mary, the Apostle of God"; - but they killed him not, nor crucified him, but so it was made to appear to them, and those who differ therein are full of doubts, with no (certain) knowledge, but only conjecture to follow, for of a surety they killed him not:- 4:157

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNj7HQ0J38g

Youtube thumbnail

• 10 years ago

I can't even imagine a world where Jesus did not die for our sins. Women and children being raped all over the place, drug deals, murders, catastrophic natural disasters, diseases, humans getting eaten alive by wolves, humans randomly getting struck by lightening, ...wait a second...

• 10 years ago

Do you really believe that? There is no evidence for it excepting the Bible which is true because God says so. And how do we know God says so, because it's in the bible and the bible never lies. Why? Because it was written by God.......etc.....etc

Source(s): Head
  • Anonymous
    10 years ago

Every person would hold a higher IQ.

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

It never happened, it is all a lie.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.