? asked in Beauty & StyleHair · 1 decade ago

I'm really scared right now...?

I just used Pantene shampoo for the first time

and then I ran into a few yahoo questions about

how it causes hair loss, dry skin and a disgusting greasy

layer of hair coating. And I didn't even use the 'for colored

women' product. I'm scared, is my hair gonna fall out?

Favorite Answer

Shampoos are meant to clean. Google it. I've use OTC shampoo for over 4 decades. My hair is the result of that. Pantene should have been BANNED, if they are causing people hair loss. The hair industry is a billion dollar business. They sell products that cleans & condition the hair, they also sell products that damage the hair even causes hair loss due to 'abuse'.

When you wash your hair with one of those nutrient-rich shampoos, most of the nutrients and active ingredients in the product don’t actually end up in your hair, they wind up down the drain… along with all the money you spent on the shampoo. Like eating mushrooms, there are good and bad mushrooms.

For more information go to cosmeticsinfo.org

It is HOW you use to style your hair or what styling tools that damage the hair, and what chemicals you're adding to the hair, not the shampoo.

What is damaging to hair in this order, which is a form of 'abuse are: hair dyes, relaxers, hair straightening, perming, blow drying for over 30 mins. Hair products containing alcohol, even the sun is damaging to hair, it causes sunburn & discoloration.

I've responded to many girls (guys now too) under 15 experiencing in hair loss since 2009, due to hair straightening, relaxers and hair dyes. Women 60-90 have those same symptoms but it took them years to get there. But for 15 & under, giving advice here? They can't predict the future of their hairs, until they're in their 30's, but 15 & under with hair loss? C'mon! I've responded 7 in 2 hours 9-3-10, 4 in 1hour 3-5-11 alone.

http://www.fda.gov/ForConsumers/ByAudien%E2%80%A6

Washing your hair less often, allows you to create your own natural oils, which gives the hair the shiny, silky, smooth appearance, and feel more like hair not hay. Buying products like oil, does very little to the hair but only makes it greasy. There are other reasons why hair gets greasy, but that's another topic.

Google: "Foods for Healthy Hair" - the website had moved, type it in. Two others also:

http://www.webmd.com/skin-beauty/feature%E2%80%A6

http://www.menshealth.com/spotlight/hair%E2%80%A6

Growing healthy hair doesn't come from a bottle or pills and hair products do not speed hair growth. Any hair oil, is another form to keep hair moisturized, nothing more. If you're in HS, your hair & nails should be growing normally, and as healthily as possible, since you're eating healthy foods. But when hair isn't growing as fast, it's because they've been tempered with: chemicals, hair straightening, etc. . .

Sources:

I know hair. I have over 4 decades of hair know-how. I have silky, shiny, soft, smooth very healthy hair down to my knees. Previously damaged by perming & dyeing in the 80's & 90's. I've known people in their 30's whose hair stopped growing from ironing their hair in the 70's.

• Rocky

no, but once a week while your using it up, also use a cleansing shampoo, and Always always no matter they type of shampoo remember it's concentrated a dime twice, not two dine size once, then make sure that you rinses the soap completely look for even the slightest white form before you use conditioner. Some conditioners must be fully rinsed out too to;ll your hair feels squeaky clean, any shampoo or conditioner if you have even a slight itching or irritating should be discontinued.

They are chemicals after all, and sensitivity, and allergic reactions could cause baldness if you continue to use it.

Those people are just bitter and don't want other people to use it. I think that shampoo works quite well, and I use it a lot. I don't have hair loss, dry skin, or grease coating my hair.

Actually most hair dressers hate Pantene with a passion. It does in fact coat your hair in waxes over time. It WILL look healthy but that is just the waxes. Trust me dont use it. And no im not bitter. Just telling you what I know.

Heredity, hormones, stress, diet, illness, poor hair care – all are factors in hair loss.

Stress, diet and illness are more temporary conditions and usually the hair loss is reversed when the anxiety-producing conditions dissipate, when the diet is improved, when hair care improves and when an illness is cured or gotten under control.

Heredity and hormones are different matters, however. Heredity is an irreversible condition. You are a product of your parents, and hair loss is often inherited. Hormones are tricky, hidden things, however, and they have different effects on an individual basis.

In a male, testosterone abides abundantly. There are also enzymes working on testosterone which product a substance called DHT. DHT is now known to circulate in the blood and cause other conditions, one of which is the shrinking of hair follicles. When hair follicles shrink enough, they are unable to produce and push a new hair through. As old hair dies, it is then not replaced.

In women, hormonal imbalances can also cause hair loss. Pregnancy, childbirth and menopause all cause significant hormonal change and imbalances with both physical and mental effects. These changes can also cause hair loss, both temporary and permanent.

Hair loss and re-growth products have been around for centuries. In ancient times, a variety of herbal and oil-based remedies were concocted and used by Egyptians, Aztecs, Mayans, and American Indians, all with some degree of effectiveness for some people. Modern medical research has focused on ways to re-open and stimulate “dead” hair follicles, so that hair growth can re-occur naturally, as well as keep the healthy follicles healthy. Thus, a number of products have become available, both by prescription and over-the-counter. They are advertised on radio and television and all over the Internet. One need only do a “google” search on hair loss, and there are literally thousands of sites and products for investigation.

One ingredient in many hair loss products is minoxidil. Research studies have shown that in about 80% of the participants, products containing this ingredient are effective in slowing hair loss and, in some, causing re-growth to occur.

Probably the most well known is Rogaine, available at any drug store, in varieties for both men and women. Most scientifically-produced products do have separate products for males and females, because, of course, hormones in each are different and of different levels.

An additional product containing minoxidil is Provillus, and, again, studies have shown it to be effective. The difference between Provillus and other similar products is that the makes have added Azelaic Acid, an additional ingredient which appears to enhance the follicle repair in both men and women. Provillus has been the subject of many studies, just as the other products, and level of effectiveness may be higher.

Provillus is available for both men and women, and the treatment is a combination of a topical liquid applied to the balding areas, as well as a pill or capsule to be taken in conjunction with the liquid. The critical key to effectiveness, according to its makers, is the addition of the azelaic acid, however, the correct amount of this acid is most important piece of this treatment.

As with most hair loss products, the makers recommend patience. It may take from 3-6 months for improvement to occur, however, there is a money-back guarantee up to 180 days if one is not satisfied that it is working for him/her.

Medical research is far from finished in its exploration of products which will stop hair loss and promote re-growth of “permanent” loss. As this research continues, existing producers will undoubtedly alter their products accordingly.

Fortunately, a lot of money is being poured into the research, so hair loss sufferers, take heart!

Noo, not at all! Pantene is recommened by hair dresser. I use pantene and my hair is thick, soft, and my scalp is not dry.

No I use that shampoo all the time. It is the best shampoo for the price.