promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesBooks & Authors · 9 years ago

Help me with names for my characters please!!?

Ok, I'm going to write a story and was wondering if I could have some help with character names. Here's a little about each character:

Character 1) Tough girl. Isn't at all a girly girl. Gets along with guys more then most girls. Long, curly, black hair and bright emerald green eyes. Hates the popular people at her school (cheerleaders, football players, etc.) Tomboy. Likes music and writing. Thinks deeply.

Character 2) Football player. Popular and kind of a jerk. A big player. Dates basically every girl. Shaggy brown hair and bright blue eyes. Shallow and doesn't think a lot. Typical guy.

Character 3) Character 1's best friend. Longish shaggy brown hair and peircing silver eyes. A lot like Character 1. Thinks deeply and loves to listen to music and write. Doesn't get along with any of the football players or popular people. Kind of a nerd.

If you could give me names that would help a lot!! Thanks!

12 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

I love writing, and reading, and I find it best when the characters names are strange or unusual. Here are a few I came up with...

1. Iris, Cami, Questa (maybe they can call her Q for short. That sounds like a tough girl sort of thing..) Quinn, Van, Vyxsin pronounced Vix-son (really love that one.)

2. Fabio, Nick, Josh. I think anything not to extravagant would be good for him. Common names like Drake, Julian, Trever...

3. (assuming that the character is a girl) Destiny, Willis, Cami (also), Saige... along those lines. I was going for something like the first character but with a little softer or more girly tone.

Hope this helped.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Succesful characters usually have unusual names... which would often look funny in real life. There is no use trying to name a character a name like Laura or Brooklyn.

1) Ramona, India, Lyra, Genevieve, Juniper, Emerald, Kismet

2) Ed, Hector, Joel, Tyler.

3)Girl:Ruby, Estella, Belinda, Maggie, Clementine, Melody.

Boy: River, Augustus, Nicky, Casimer.

Good luck.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Character 1) seems like a name that wouldn't be considered "tomboy"ish would be good for her. Like, Juliet(te) or....LUCY!!! I think Lucy would be a good name.

Character 2) Oh mai gosh this guy in my school is literally EXACTLY like him....His name is Liam Russel believe me when I say HIS EXACT CLONE MWAHAHA

Character 3) Hmm...something "out there" but nice. Umm, how about Cedric? Derek? How about Leo?? Chance or maybe Jase?

I hope this helped...just google "unique baby names and you will get a whole bunch of sites!!

Source(s): My brian and baby name sites
  • 9 years ago

1. Sharia, Krista, Raya

2. Jesse, Ashen, Brent, Blaine

3. Aiden/Ayden, Marcus, Callun/Callum

Source(s): Myself :)
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 9 years ago

1: Lana, Jenna, Lizzy, Stephanie, Sabrina

2: Quinn, Larry, Sam, Mike/Michael, Harry, Brian, Ryan

3: Michelle, Josephne/Josie, Diana, Sally, Mary

Source(s): Me, Myself, and I
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago

1. Danny or spelled Danni

2. Josh, Sam, Jake, Paul.

3. Owen

• 9 years ago

1.) Kate, Jessica, Marissa, Tea (Tee-a)

2.) Austin, Luke, Mason, Miles

3.) Guy or girl?

Girl: Sabrina,

Boy: Ryan, James

Source(s): Sterling Knight
  • 9 years ago

1. May or Sara(h)

2. Brandon

3. James

• 9 years ago

1) For tomboy characters, I like to give them names that can double as a guy's name. Like Alexandra, can be called Alex. Or her name can be Taylor :)

2) Brandon

3) Nancy :)

Just my opinion :)

• 9 years ago

1. Candy 2. Vaan 3.ikki.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.