The Big One Earthquake in California?

So I've been hearing some rumors that the Big One (that huge earthquake) was supposed to happen either today or tomorrow, at somewhere around 9 point something. Has anyone else heard something similar? I don't think it's true because the news hasn't been talking about it.

Favorite Answer

The moon was even closer to the Earth on January 19, 1992, and the Big One didn't happen then, did it? The Big One had already happened in October, 1989, close to a new moon. The sun and the moon act together at new moon, but they pull the Earth's crust in opposite directions at full moon. Oh, it's March 19, not today (March 10 for six more minutes) or tomorrow (March 11). Do Google searches on saros cycle and precession of the lunar nodes, then consider that the moon is moving farther away from Earth 3.8 cm (1.5 inches) per year.

earthquakes can not be predicted ! It can occur anywhere anytime!so this earthquake should be false . the chanel must have just made it up to increase its popularity!

As what happen today in japan, your question just been answered. . though its M8.9 a little bit closer on what you predicted, its still huge right. . . my prayers goes for all.