R&P: Who gives the most long-winded answers?

and who do you think gives the most short, concise and informative ones?

MQ- Favorite long-winded song? (aka, over 10 minutes)

MQ2- Favorite Short and sweet song ( under 3 minutes)?

BQ- If vegetarians only eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?

Favorite Answer

I haven't got a clue. Let me tell you, I have pondered this long and hard. I mean, I've given it very serious consideration. Sometimes I stay awake late at night trying to figure out the answer to this question. Then when I wake up in the morning, it's hard to get out of bed because I'm so exhausted. When I go to class, I find it hard to pay attention. Sometimes when the teacher calls on me, I have no idea where I am or what's going on around me. Maybe that's why my grades have slipped recently. After class I usually get some lunch. Speaking of lunch, I skipped lunch today. And breakfast. Man am I hungry. I wonder what I'll end up getting for dinner tonight. I'm excited because I have a four day weekend because I only have classes on Tuesdays and Thursdays this term (until golf starts in mid-April). I hope the weather is nice by then. Golfing in the cold is never fun. But then again, neither is golfing in the heat. I tend to sweat a lot. It's a pain having to pack an extra shirt. And I haven't golfed in over a year, so I'm interested to see how I fare. Right now, I'm just sitting at my desk. I'm happy that I don't have any real homework to do this weekend besides some accounting problems. Cheers is on tv but I'm not really watching. I wonder what R&P would be like if Cliff Clavin was here. I bet there'd be some informative answers. Cliffy...played by John Ratzenberger who also had a cameo as Major Bren Derlin on Hoth in Empire Strikes Back. He said something about having to close the blast doors for the night. But Luke was still out there! Well, Han Solo wasn't having none of that so he set out after him on a tauntaun. Poor tauntaun. And I thought they smelled bad on the outside! I wonder what tauntauns taste like. I bet they wouldn't be bad grilled. With some barbecue sauce. Not that I can have anything like that since I'm trying to eat healthier. I've been doing pretty good lately. I've only eaten out once since I got back to school and I'm trying to incorporate more fruits and vegetables into my diet. Haven't seen any results so far. I hope it doesn't snow anymore. The last of it just melted and I'm looking forward to nicer weather. I put some stickers on my guitar. An honor roll sticker from my high school and a decal from shuttle mission STS-106. And a Fender sticker across the back, even though it's an Ibanez guitar. I just restrung it for the first time in over a year. I like the feel of old strings better. Gotta work on breaking them in...they don't have any bite. Much improved sustain though. I also put an extra spring in the bridge, essentially making it fixed. I never used the tremolo, it sent it out of tune too easily. I have to turn in an add slip for my marketing class tomorrow. Not sure how late the Registrar's Office is open on Fridays. I think til 4:30. I'm listening to I've Got A Feeling by The Beatles. Good tune. Amalgam of a Paul song and a John song I believe. Kinda like No Sugar Tonight/New Mother Nature by The Guess Who. Oh wait, Lady Madonna is on now. Not as good a song. I'll leave it on anyway. I'm not wearing any underwear.

Long Winded Answer

• Ana

I'm afraid I'm far too unacquainted with the people on here to know for sure. From what I know YOU always give the longest most informative answers.

I almost always give short, maybe not so informative but still okay, answers.

MQ: Nightwish - Beauty of the Beast (epic song)

MQ2: Lacuna Coil - Aeon (strange but sweet)

favorite songs fluctuate

BQ: legitimate celebrity humanitarians eat their own smugness up. They don't help the world, never did.

Real humanitarianism is not to be exploited in such a way as seen on Oprah or whatever the hell else.

I'm far too serious for my own good..lol

You do. I'd probably be in the running too, at least as far as the open-ended questions rather than the 'Name a song that...'-type questions.

I'd like to submit captain futility for the other end of the spectrum.

MQ: Alice's Restaurant. I know all the words!

MQ 2: Here's Billy Bragg's 'My Flying Saucer' (recorded with Wilco, lyrics by Woody Guthrie.) The album version clocks in at 1:45.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PaFhAE0KsEQ

Youtube thumbnail

BQ: I bet you can find the answer in the 'To Serve Man' cookbook!

(Off to work!)

The kind that rnrstar is parodying there, that whole stream-of-consciousness type that doesn't do any quality control on their answers and often strays way off topic. They obviously never took AP English.

From what I've seen, Sugaree probably gives the most concise ones, as his viewpoint allows for it. On more philosophical/analytical questions, I often see him dismiss the entire thing with a couple sentences because he doesn't see any fruit in defining things to a tee, when you can just... let it be. I guess it just depends on your mindset, but with my mindset, I know that I like trying to explain things to a science, if I can. That is certainly not for everyone, as I have found out in certain conversations with people here and elsewhere.

MQ: All of the Above - Transatlantic

MQ2: I Want to Tell You - The Beatles

BQ: Yeah, the English language isn't very consistent. One term implies the kind of lifeform one eats, the other implies the kind of lifeform one tries to benefit. Maybe Newspeak will solve our problems of discourse.

I've been known to give a long-winded answer or 2 in my time,lol!

As for the concise answer,well that I'm not sure of

MQ:Celebration of the Lizard-The Doors

part 1:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9BfB6W5Gc4

Youtube thumbnail

part 2:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JsZKYhs1T3U

Youtube thumbnail

&feature=related

MQ2:Gosh I have so many,however(because I've been on kind of a Monkees kick lately)I'll go with this one:

The Monkees-Last Train To Clarksville

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KSHyXGy6XA

Youtube thumbnail

although your answers are lengthy at times, i would not consider them verbose, tiresomely long, or rambling for the most part. so, by definition i submit that your answers are not the most long winded, and everyone that answered so here is incorrect. besides, i'm pretty sure i understand why you give lengthy answers, and you get a free pass from me for it. still, anyone of reasonable intelligence can pull out the concepts you put forth in both your questions and answers, concepts that many times apply to more than the specific topic you are writing about.

as for your question, i don't know.

ma: today it's the second set of phil lesh and friends at whitelawn 7/15/06 (1:50:52)

ma2: waterloo - abba (2:42)

ba: if you are in a spaceship that is traveling at the speed of light, and you turn on the headlights, does anything happen?

Source(s): "language is so small, and ridiculously cumbersome, and stupid." jerry garcia

You give pretty long answers lol. But they're awesome answers.

I don't know who gives the shortest answers. I have a tendency to do so, but I'm 99.99% sure I'm not the only one.

MA: Dopesmoker- Sleep (1:03:00)

Arkansas Revisited- The Brian Jonestown Massacre (13:00)

MA2: Ballad Of Jim Jones- The Brian Jonestown Massacre (2:13)

Violence Junkies- Capitalist Casualties (2:01)

BA: The answer is obviously Vegemite!

Killer Peaches obviously gives the longest,

MQ Advent by Opeth

MQ2 Poison Was the Cure by Megadeth

You give the longest

I pretty much always give a short answer

MQ: Cliche, but Rime of the Ancient Mariner

MQ2: Napalm Death - You Suffer. Lol jk. Take No Prisoners by Megadeth

BQ: Humans dawg