Is it EVER okay to wear a maxi dress to a wedding?

I was looking at really nice ones, but the thing about them is....they looked too bridesmaid to me. PLUS, I don't know her colors (for the bridesmaids) so I didn't even chance trying any on. BUT is it EVER okay to wear a maxi dress at a wedding of any kind?

• Jilly
    Favorite Answer

Of course. As a wedding guest you aren't expected to dress in sackcloth and ashes. Don't worry about outshining the bride or wearing the same color as the wedding party - even if you're trying there's NO CHANCE you're going to be mistaken for either the bride or a bridesmaid. Wear what you want to wear.

I've been to plenty of long dresses on wedding guests that neither looked too casual nor like formal prom dresses. If people keep trying to whittle away what's acceptable for guests to wear, pretty soon we'll all be showing up in barrels with straps. Can't wear white, black, red, or a color even remotely resembling the wedding colors and can't wear a dress that isn't too long, too short, too showy or too plain. Seriously - before long everyone will either be in bathrobes or barrels.

• reel

Maxi Dress For Wedding

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Source(s): wear maxi dress wedding: https://shortly.im/khZOu

the only ones I've ever seen were just cotton and that fabric is too casual for a wedding. most of the time you only see maxi dresses on celebrities with huge sunglasses and flip flops, that's no good. you can wear a floor length gown if you want but you don't want to look like you're trying to be in the wedding party. it doesn't hurt to ask the bride or groom beforehand, or their parents, what color the bridesmaids are wearing so you can avoid buying that.

Again, if the wedding is Oct 1st like you said in your other post..... NO. That's not seasonally appropriate.

A maxi dress WOULD work for an outdoor spring or summer wedding.

Yes, absolutely. If you came to my wedding you would be welcome to wear a maxi dress.

A lot of them are actually too casual, more beachwear, but the better quality ones can be completely appropriate.

They're a great option for plus-size figures or anyone who doesn't like to show off their legs.

I think it's okay if the wedding is on the beach or at a resort and everyone is in that kind of "resort casual" attire. Otherwise, I would say that a cocktail dress OR a skirt/top combo is a safer bet.

if that is your style, then sure. lots of weddings have guests wearing long gowns or dresses. nothing wrong with it. especially if you choose something that is not the least related to the wedding colors. you can normally get a clue to the wedding colors from the invitation color. but if not, then ask someone who knows.

i think its all on the intentions like if your doing it to impress a son or showcase your bodyy that might be seriously wrong

• Ronald

Long feet look better with anything always.