Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

I need some hard drive advice, about 10k rpm and SSD?

I have the money to get both the Western Digital sata iii 600gb WD6000HLHX hard drive and a Crucial RealSSD C300 64gb CTFDDAC064MAG-1G1 Sata iii SSD hard drive. I was wondering if the SSD would boot up Win7 64 bit ultimate faster than the main storage WD6000? The WD is going for $167 new on eBay and the SSD is going for around $120 on amazon.com. I have Sata iii spots on my motherboard and I want my computer as fast as possible. I just want to know if it is going to be much faster at all or just get 2 of the western digitals.

Update:

I currently have just one hard drive and run everything on it. The Western Digital WD20EARS...I think it's a safe bet I'd get much more performance out of the new hard drives.

1 Answer

Relevance
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.