Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicTelevisionComedy · 1 decade ago

fox news was denied in canada?

they wanted to make fox news canada but it was turned down under canada's laws that the press is not aloud to lie and misinform the public? what do you think of this?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Dale M
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

FOX news cannot get a broadcast license for news in Canada, because it's against the CRTC requirements to deliberately lie in news content. And it isn't entirely unavailable, it can be ordered on specialty satellite stations. Maybe if the US didn't lean so hard on the free speech crutch, it wouldn't be so divided and lacking direction. Enjoy your Westboro Baptist Church, Glenn Beck, Ann Coulter and Rush Limbaugh America, you deserve them. I'll enjoy my Canadian freedoms without the over abundance of media @ssholes who incite hatred.

• shawl
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

i do no longer comprehend of a information station that hasn't lied, informed 0.5 truths, slanted. yet are you asserting Canada government tells them the thank you to think of? And what they are able to observe and what to have faith? They use to call human beings like that protagonist. there's a distinction—a huge distinction—between coaching and propaganda. coaching exhibits you ways to think of and facilitates you to reason it out. Propaganda tells you what to think of. i assume we could consistently count huge type our advantages here it hasn't come to that ! One sided Propaganda could properly be deadly !!! human beings helpful are sheep there it form of feels if it quite is authorized and bragged on--and sheep do no longer comprehend they are sheep. What are you questioning to make this style of fact? extremely whilst the others have achieved the comparable

• logan
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

I wish America had that same exact law. So many things would be different today. It's a shame that FOX is actually considered "news" and not just an entertainment outlet. They've succeeded in brainwashing so many Americans, it's truly pathetic.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

The Canadian govt controls the news and information that the Canadian citizens get.

I am sure the "decider of truth" is appointed by the political party in power.

It is almost the same as state run news.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

I think it's hilarious!

Did FoxNews respond by promising to present only truthful stories so they could enter the market?

No. How revealing is that?

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Canada is one of the liberal countries in the world and if you pay attention you realize that liberals only condone free speech when they agree with what's being said.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Canadian news is barred from also leading with "if it bleeds it leads" news content they are censored far more than just what you cite.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Canada is not a free society

• 1 decade ago

I think we should do the same.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.