i have a realtek usb wireless rang extender wireless adapter and I have a usb to ethernet adapter can i connec?

i have a realtek usb wireless rang extender wireless adapter and I have a usb to ethernet adapter can i connect the wireless adapter to the ethernet adapter and run an ethernet cord for the connection instead of a usb cord. I have to place my adapter on the roof so I need about thirty feet of extension and I was thinking a data cable might transfer data better.

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

No. And USB will NOT carry data (especially high speed data) that distance, above 2 or 3 metres they become unreliable and slow. You need a proper wireless range extender for this with an external antenna. Although this may present a problem with range within the building. Alternatively a simple wireless bridge. These are network cable connected and relay into the network by cable. Most of these methods require setting the acceptance of your repeater/access point mac address at the remote router or access point. And obviously needs setting with the encryption key.

• 3 years ago

i desire you may get carry of by potential of relatives pc particularly from laptop. for sure Cable connection would be swifter than on the spot. attempt to get carry of a few small length report on the two desktops. learn the downloading time. you will understand what to do next.

• zehr
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

i'm hoping you may get carry of by ability of kin workstation extremely from workstation. for sure Cable connection would be quicker than on the spot. attempt to get carry of a few small length document on the two computers. evaluate the downloading time. you will understand what to do next.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.