dome light in my car randomly turns on and off? help!?

I drive a mustang 1997 v6... the dome light and alarm ringer go on and off at random quite often. I can rarely take a 5 minute drive without it happening. I can slam my door at it may or may not temporarily stop them... Any ideas? thanks

Favorite Answer

Why would you get a V6 Mustang?

Anyway, it's probably a loose wire making intermittent contact with it's terminal. Unless you know about the wiring of car electronics, I would take it in to a shop and have them find it.

Same **** happens to mine um havnt had a look at it but I do know there is a door trigger that when pushed in it turn the door ajar light off and the dome light off and the. Noise off. It is posible that the door doesn't quite push the trigger all the way in or there could be loose wiring in the trigger after all the door slamming something may have came loose. So find this trigger its usually a pin that can be pushed in easily and it can be located anywhere around the edging of the interior either near the door hinges or door lock clip