How does Quantum Mechanics apply to humans?

My intuition tells me that there is nothing magical about me or any other human. We are physically bound by all the laws of science and don't have a say in the matter. In other words, we are robots. We don't have a choice in anything we do, because scientific formulas of our genetics, neurology, chemistry,... show more My intuition tells me that there is nothing magical about me or any other human. We are physically bound by all the laws of science and don't have a say in the matter. In other words, we are robots. We don't have a choice in anything we do, because scientific formulas of our genetics, neurology, chemistry, physics, etc. follows a formula, or an equation of cause and effect that can be predicted at any given time value... Bear in mind I am only 17 and know very little about Quantum Mechanics. I've heard people say though that it is why there are variations and randomness to the universe, but I somehow doubt that. I can't help but think if we are just robots and everything is just a formula or equation that can be predicted at any moment if all variables of the universe were somehow known, then everything thats ever happened to me or I've thought about was in a sense my destiny. I don't want to bring up destiny because it more of a religious narcissistic idea, so maybe a better word would be pre-destined. If anyone can recommend a book or an article or anything on this so I stop feeling like I'm insane then thankyou. All thoughts and answers are welcome, except religious ones. I'm literally just going to click the thumbsdown button at the sight of the word God and never read your post in my life, so don't even bother
11 answers 11