Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Spring Break New Orleans?

My friends and I are going to New Orleans for spring break. We're going the week after mardi gras, but its also the St. Patrick’s day parade/week so we thought there would still be some partying going on.

What are some things we should do, eat, or see while there? We are over 18 but under 21.

I really want to hear some blues and jazz music along with site seeing and a trip to the ninth ward. How can I make these things happen?

Thanks

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

IF you are here this weekend go to the irish channel parade uptown. it starts at 1pm. watch it by byblos. Snug Harbor and Preservation Hall let 18yr olds in to watch music. Also tipitinas and house of blues. All these places play jazz music. Snug harbor is also a restaurant it is the best place on frenchmen street.

My favs:

The best po boy sandwich is Domilise's a little family owned place outside of the quarter and is cash only.This is a best kept secret. Also since it is Crawfish Season go to Yo Mamas bar and grill and get some boiled crawfish. There is the closest to going to crawfish boil!!

My favorite drinks is the Planters Punch at Pat O's, Pimms Cup at the Napolean House, and bloody mary at the avenue pub uptown.

Attractions: Jackson Square, St Louis Cathedral, Cafe Du Monde, Steamboat Natchez Riverboat Cruise(don't eat there the food is terrible),Moonwalk on the Mississippi, Audubon Zoo, Aquarium, Zoo/Aquarium Cruise, Imax, Audubon Insectarium, Royal St. Antiques, Magazine Street Shopping and Julia St Art Galleries, Check out the Architecture in the Garden District, Airboat Swamp tour, Mardi Gras World, Ride the Streetcar, New Orleans School of Cooking, Carriage Ride, City Park

Plantations-Oak Alley, Madewood Plantation, Nottoway Plantation, Beauregard House at Chalmette Battlefield, Destrehan & Ormond Plantations

Museum-Historic New Orleans Collection, Ogden, Dday, the cabildo, Pharmacy, Confederate Museum, US Mint, Historic New Orleans Collection, Childrens Museum

Haunted Places-Le Petit Theater, The Pontalba, Pirates Alley, The Lalaurie House, Lanaux Mansion, St. Louis Cathedral, Lafittes Blacksmith shop, The Pharmacy, Ghost table at muriels, LaLaurie House, St. Louis Cemetery Number 1, Columns Hotel, Place de Armes Hotel, Yo mamas bar and grill, Pat O's, O'Flaherty's Irish Channel Pub, Octoroon's House - 734 Royal Street, Hotel Monteleone, Brennans, Le Pavilion Hotel, Arnaud's Restaurant, Canal Street at City Park Avenue, Cafe Lafite in Exile, Gardette-LePrete Haunted House, The Beauregard-Keyes House, Marie Laveau's House at 1020 St. Ann Street, The Creole Lady of Faubourg-Marigny at 734 Royal St, Lafayette Cemetery No. 1 and 2

FOOD:

Jaquimos( Best Alligator Cheesecake and blackened red fish),Rio Mar, Commanders Palace(MY FAV), Muriels(Turtle Soup, Goat Cheese Crepes, and Pecan crusted drum), Coffee Pot (FAVORITE RED BEANS and breakfast), Upperline( TURTLE SOUP and FISH PIQUANTE USA todays best dish), Lilette, Irenes, Galatoise- (Very famous and very good), Dick and Jennys-(EVERYTHING IS GREAT!), Napolean House( Great. LUNCH SPOT), One on Hampson( BEST DUCK GUMBO),

Brennans( BRUNCH), Crepe Nanou,( Love their crepes and grilled AMBERJACK), Tommys Restaurant, Brigtsens ( Everything is AWESOME), Yo Mamas Bar and Grill- Best Hamburgers and Boil Crawfish during the season), Palace Cafe( PECAN CRUSTED FISH AND BLUE CRAB LEGS),

Domileses(awesome poboys), Cochon( BEst cochon du lait), Coops, Clover Grill( open 24 hrs), Cafe du monde, Verti Marte(great po boys and delivers in quarter)

New Restaurants- Sylvian, Green goddess, redemption, Stanley(great Breakfast)

Music-

Frenchman street has a lot of music clubs!!(snug Harbour, DBA, Spotted Cat)

Tipitinas has cajun dancing every sunday night as long as there is no special events going on

Maple Leaf Bar- Rebirth plays every Tuesday night and it right next door to the local favorite restaurant jaquimos!!!!Great music plays here! http://mapleleafbar.com/

Le bon temps rouler- Soul rebels every Thursday http://www.myspace.com/4801magazine

Rock n Bowl- http://www.rockandbowl.com/CalandarPAGE/%E2%80%A6

House of Blues

Vaughns- Kermit Ruffins plays here a lot.

Howlin Wolf- http://www.thehowlinwolf.com/

Preservation Hall- Serves no Alcohol so all ages are allowed to go in.

Chickie Wa Wa- chickiewahwah.com/

Snug Harbour- http://www.snugjazz.com/site/

Laissez les bon temps rouler!

• 1 decade ago

To make a trip memorable you must stay in the scene of it all, not to miss a beat. A really good location is The Royal Sonesta New Orleans they have it all: food, music and steps away from all New Orleans. For music check out the The Irving Mayfield Playhouse no cover and amazing jazz, food you MUST visit Desire Seafood & Oyster bar it has a cozy vintage feel with mouth-watering seafood. As for the rest of New Orleans and site seeing you should visit the Voodoo Museum, only museum dedicated to voodoo religion. Hope this helps, have a safe trip!

Source(s): www.sonesta.com/RoyalNewOrleans
  • 1 decade ago

Bourbon street, swamp tours, mardi gras, garden district, Jackson square, st Louis cathedral, riverwalk, aquarium of the Americas, French square, and fence market.

definitely try their jambalaya, and their Cajun recipes too. some places are listed here: http://www.neworleansrestaurants.com/restaurants/ and you can find other sources on it too. hope you have fun! I've always wanted to go there.

Source(s): I searched it up:)
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.