Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceInsurance · 1 decade ago

Term Life Insurance for SOLDIERS?

Are there any THIRD PARTY companies that offer Life Insurance for Soldiers? Excluding SGLI, I know that Primerica offers Life Insurance to Soldiers, but I can't find any other company other than that one. Thanks!

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

I'd check with USAA. If ANYONE does it, they'd do it.

• 1 decade ago

Many companies will issue life insurance to soldiers but will deny a death claim if it is a result of an act of war. With that being said some companies will make some exceptions. Look at USAA, they are a company built for the service members.

• Carl M
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

Unfortunately the answer to your question is no. There are very few companies that will supply Soldiers on active duty with life insurance. If you do have a policy with a third party insurance provider they will not pay out if the death is through an act of war, the only good thing I can say is since these policies won't pay off during active duty they can be suspended while you are serving so you won't have to make any payments during that period of time.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Yes - virtually all insurance companies will issue policies to soldiers. But those policies are likely to contain "war clauses." USAA is one possible source.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.