How does a corporation make money through an IPO if 100% of the company is already owned?

I still don't understand how a company or corporation raises capital through issuing shares. For example: If I own 100% of the company and it makes $100 million dollars a year but I want to expand the company globally and need capital to do so, how does issuing share or having the company go public bring... show more I still don't understand how a company or corporation raises capital through issuing shares.

For example: If I own 100% of the company and it makes $100 million dollars a year but I want to expand the company globally and need capital to do so, how does issuing share or having the company go public bring money into the company? Don't I, as owner of 100% of the company collect on any shares sold to others?

I still dont understand how the company gets some of that money.