Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

I have a question about the earth and its rotation.. After making the planets Did God rotate them like a -?

spinning top around sun like a kid Or it just started automatically? Only serious answers please.

Favorite Answer

All planets have different rotations, depending on how the disk cloud forms in the early stages of a solar system. The angles, speed, etc all vary. For instance on the planet Venus the day is longer than the year, it's day (in equality to Earth years) is 243 days and its year is 225 earth days.

• rudel

the mandatory reason the planets revolve round, or orbit the solar (rotate certainly is used to describe their spin, case in point, the Earth completes one rotation about its axis each and every 24 hours, even though it completes one revolution around the solar each and every 12 months), is that the gravity of the solar keeps them of their orbits. in basic terms because the Moon orbits the Earth by way of tug of Earth's gravity, the Earth orbits the solar by way of tug of the solar's gravity. Why, then, does it holiday in an elliptical orbit around the solar, quite than in basic terms getting pulled in all the way? this occurs because the Earth has a speed contained in the course perpendicular to the stress of the solar's pull. If the solar weren't there, the Earth might want to holiday in a instantly line. although the gravity of the solar alters its route, causing it to holiday around the solar, in a structure very close to to a circle.

The planets formed (via gravity, not your god) from a large spinning disc of material so they were already rotating as they were being formed.

"one turn a day one orbit a year"

God must be a crappy clockmaker considering a year isn't exactly 365 days long which forces us to adopt the leap year.

• Robert

God Spoke; Reality Was.

"8 The centurion answered and said, Lord, I am not worthy that thou shouldest come under my roof: but speak the word only, and my servant shall be healed.

9 For I am a man under authority, having soldiers under me: and I say to this man, Go, and he goeth; and to another, Come, and he cometh; and to my servant, Do this, and he doeth it."

-- Matthew 8:8-9

All different speeds and directions... pretty crappy 'clock' for a 'perfect' universe... now why would a god do that?

Natural forces do it all the time...

IMHO

As no one can answer for God I expect this is addressed to Him?

It's entirely magic, so there's no use in describing it like that. Either you examine natural phenomena or you don't.

God created all natural law, sent things spinning (slowly, one turn a day one orbit a year)

Like a clock maker, once the assembly was done, the pendulum was swung and it hasn't stopped

neither, god did nothing because he is not real. sorry..