Do I need insurance for a small fishing boat?

So I'm looking to buy a small basic fishing boat with a college-student budget like maybe a 10 footer at least for 2 people. I don't plan on using it frequently although maybe in the summer or something on OHIO's local lakes like LaDue Reservoir and East Branch or any of the other small lakes, NOT Lake... show more So I'm looking to buy a small basic fishing boat with a college-student budget like maybe a 10 footer at least for 2 people. I don't plan on using it frequently although maybe in the summer or something on OHIO's local lakes like LaDue Reservoir and East Branch or any of the other small lakes, NOT Lake Erie although that would be nice too

So, is it required that I obtain insurance for this boat with and without a low HP engine? If so, what do I need to start out since I am a complete beginner.

Please Help!
Update: I'm sorry guys, I think you got the wrong idea. There won't a be ANY yacht or expensive boat where I will be fishing because like I said, if I don't need to be in somewhere as big as Lake Erie, I won't be. I just need a boat for casual fishing like down the small river and a lake like LaDue Reservoir here in... show more I'm sorry guys, I think you got the wrong idea. There won't a be ANY yacht or expensive boat where I will be fishing because like I said, if I don't need to be in somewhere as big as Lake Erie, I won't be. I just need a boat for casual fishing like down the small river and a lake like LaDue Reservoir here in Ohio. By the way, do I still need insurance if I added to it a little electric engine because LaDue requires one.