Danes: Please tell me about dealing with a Danish professor?

OK - I have a Danish professor this term and some of my fellow students have been complaining about him. They think he is very bold, direct, and sometimes rude because he bluntly tells them "no" when they ask about certain things. I am Dutch, was raised in the Netherlands, and currently attend graduate... show more OK - I have a Danish professor this term and some of my fellow students have been complaining about him. They think he is very bold, direct, and sometimes rude because he bluntly tells them "no" when they ask about certain things. I am Dutch, was raised in the Netherlands, and currently attend graduate university in the USA. As a Dutch woman, it's my opinion that this professor is very clear, honest, direct, and much easier to understand than American professors, who love to lie to you and sugar coat everything.

What do you Danes (or Norwegians and Swedes!) have to say about Danes in their communications with English speakers? It's my experience that the Nordic peoples are very blunt and direct (I'm Dutch and can not complain about this :D we're honest to the point of fault), but my American peers are offended when asks their opinion and is then very honest with them.

So far, I have told them that like we Dutch, the Danish are very blunt and honest people. It's my opinion that Americans are very pleasant with you, but will also lie to you to make you feel good. A few have accepted this, but what else should I tell them to help them understand him?