? asked in HealthOther - Health · 9 years ago

If I take a 10mg dose of Propranolol before my uni seminar will I stop shaking when I answer questions?

Or does it not work very well on the short term? I have social anxiety and get shaky and sweaty in class and it puts me off talking :[

Favorite Answer

Propranolol is a beta blocker used for high blood pressure/migraines/essential tremors. I'm not sure why you r on this for social anxiety, I guess to prevent the shaking but there are a thousand things that would be better than this. I would see a new doctor and get put on something else. But to answer your question beta blockers don't work immediately it usually takes a week or two to really become affective.

Source(s): 4th year med student

sure. that's referred to as Divine Laziness, and Ignorant layout. Ignorant layout comes into it whilst human beings answer a thoroughly diverse question to what grew to become into asked, or pick to rant rather of answering. a stunning occasion I as quickly as had grew to become right into a cut back'n'paste that crammed the internet site, yet did no longer answer the question in any respect. i've got additionally had some people who thoroughly overlook with regard to the question itself, and purely say stuff like 'I agree'. ok, you settle. trustworthy sufficient, now could you opt to inform me your answer at any time? Divine Laziness is the different super non secular reason at the back of no longer examining. It takes the form of a question format (i'm going to scouse borrow your occasion): Q: Why do no longer Xs ever look to tolerate Ys? QD: i do no longer in my view think of there is many Xs who dislike Ys, that's in basic terms a small minority who've a tendency to be incredibly impolite and disgusting of their attitudes. A case of the noisiest few, as a manner to communicate. what's your opinion in this? A: we are no longer ALL like that!!! stop being so judgemental!! ummmm.....study IT next TIME!!!! lol. ((((hugs))))