Dear Christians If you find any contradictions in the bible, should you dismiss it as the word of god?

If I find just even 1 contradiction can i dismiss the entire thing as NOT being the word of god? why? or why not?, if so

Best Answer

Contradictions, many of them at least are mainly perceived as

such, to me they are just markers to think more and deeper until

I can understand what it means. To the casual reader it may appear so

yet to the researcher it's not. If you tell me you have never stumbled

upon an apparent "contradiction" in a science textbook and understood it

right away, I might say you're a liar (which I don't). Yet you don't dismiss

the textbook do you?. It only makes you study harder.

(you'll have to eat more cereal for breakfast, and wake up earlier to even

try to make a dent in my beliefs. Just a suggestion.)

Peace

Source(s): Be the change that you want to see in the world.

Many people have tried to find contradictions in the Bible and as a result have gained faith and became Christians. Why? Because there are no contradictions, only misunderstandings of what is written. Taken out of context, or misread. Once you fully understand it, it 'pans out' and is really true. I sincerely hope you do continue to study it with a good concordance and Bible commentary to explain the Scriptures according to a panel of learned theologians. May God bless you.

Finding one thing false puts the rest in question. Have you ever served jury duty? That's exactly the standard that is used to determine the truthfulness of a witness.

Why would the word of an infallible god have errors?

I am not so proud that I don't see the fault is with me, and not the word

so far 100% of every supposed contradiction that has faced me, I have studied out and prayed about and found the true understanding, and it is not a contradiction

Like Moe's up there, if he had read Galations he would know we no longer serve the law, as Christ has completed it, and if he ready acts 9-10 He would see that God called the things clean which were formerly unclean, for just this purpose.

All you have to do is educate yourself

In the true text there are no contradictions. Going by the most understandable texts just doesn't cut it. You want to find a true Contradiction go to the Bible before translation. You won't find a contradiction, but I welcome you to try. Did I mention you are going to have to learn another language?

Maybe in trying to prove it wrong, you will find your faith.

• Greg O

For all you biblical apologists - since you are admitting that the bible is full of errors - how do you which is what your god wanted to say & which is an error?

Further, how can keep touting that this is the "INFALLIBLE WORD OF GOD" when you are admitting there are mistakes?

• Ian

I'm not a Christian but I know that the bible is full of contradictions. Most Christians just interpret the heck out of the bible so it reinforces their own beliefs and bigotries.

We don't have the original Word of God.......just various translations, which are not necessarily inspired.

Who do you think wrote the text that was in the Bible? Men of God who were inspired by the Holy Spirit. They were not perfect human beings. Even ancient writers sometimes get it wrong. It all depends on the various translations of the text too.

If you find one contradiction, then you should look for a pattern.