What movie is this? (described)?

I remember a movie from when I was very young. The movie was about a man who died with his girlfriend (or wife). They go to Heaven where people are give shots with a syringe to forget their previous life. When the guy learns that his girlfriend will forget him and he'll forget her, he wants to prevent this,... show more I remember a movie from when I was very young.

The movie was about a man who died with his girlfriend (or wife). They go to Heaven where people are give shots with a syringe to forget their previous life. When the guy learns that his girlfriend will forget him and he'll forget her, he wants to prevent this, but he's too late and the girl gets the forgetting shot. He runs past the "doctors" and gets reborn with his memory intact. He gets reborn to a poor family and spends all his life searching for his girlfriend, who doesn't remember him. Eventually he finds her, but she doesn't recognize him. At the end of the movie she remembers everything and all is happy.

Your help is greatly appreciated :)