Acura Integra GS-R to Type-R conversion?

I'll keep this to a list so that you guys can attack this question one bit at a time.

So, I'm buying an Acura Integra GSR, and I've noticed there are a few differences in the body styling between he GSR and the Type-R. I was curious if anyone knows how I can achieve the Type-R look, and where I would go to get the body panels necessary. Also, does the model year have anything to do with this difference (due to the fact that type-r didn't come out until 1997, I think...)

I'm not sure about this, but could someone tell me, is there a difference in the ride height, and if so, what should I do to correct this coil overs, drop kits, etc.)?

Also, I know that the Type-R motor requires premium fuel only, but does the GS-R engine require the same?

I'm looking to make some 'minor' modifications to the engine, nothing serious. What's the best product (best for the money and lasts decently well enough) I should use for:

1) Air Intake (ram air vs cold-air)

2)Exhaust (headers,high-flow muffler that doesn't sound like a rubber band)

3)Cams (I'm trying to look for ones that will give me a great 'kick-in' sound, and yet have a good lower cam profile s that I can still get between 25-30 mpg when I'm not pushing it)

And one other thing... does anyone know where I can get the red valve cover for the B18c's, I think it looks really cool!

I'm sorry that you have to answer so much, but want to be thorough before I start really driving this thing, and I like having a car that runs great and looks good, too.

Thanks for all the help.

Best Answer

If you just want to achieve the Type R's Look than thats pretty simple. First off, Type R's dont have any sunroof/moonroof. second, the Type R's third brakelight is on rear windshield unlike the gsr which is on the spoiler. Third, there are no side moldings on side of the Type R's so you would have to remove the side moldings and shave(weld, bondo) it so it's nice and smooth. Lastly, Type R's Paint only came in Pheonix Yellow, Championship White, and NightHawk Black Pearl. Type R's have stiffer suspension, Engine RevLimiter at 8600RPM, Black Cloth Seats with red stitchings, and etc....

Here are some simple bolt-ons not some cheap eBAY stuff:

- Civic Type R/ Integra Type R camshafts

- Skunk2 Intake Manifold or Type R Intake Manifold

- Keep Stock Throttle Body

- AEM Short Ram Intake (Top End Power*****), Cold Air Intake (Low End Torque***)

- 4-2-1 Headers by either Comptech, Hytech, SMSP, or SSR (SixSigmaRacing)

- Civic Si (B16) Transmission, Civic Type R Transmission, or Integra Type R transmission

- P28 ECU

- Test Pipe w/ Catalytic Converter Delete with Straight or Full Cat-Back Exhaust of your desired exhaust sound.

- RC 310cc Injectors

- Full-Race Traction Bar

Source(s): 1994 GSR(Stock Internals) Civic Hatchback with bolt-ons as stated above. Best E/T: 13.4@101mph with BFGoodrich G-Force Drag Radials. My old white Civic GSR vs Red Civic B20 VTEC http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ercHEzRcDp8&feature...

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

So, I'm buying an Acura Integra GSR, and I've noticed there are a few differences in the body styling between he GSR and the Type-R. I was curious if anyone knows how I can achieve the Type-R look,...

Source(s): acura integra gs type conversion: https://bitly.im/KI5qN

Considering you said "for my first car" that most likely means you're in your teen's... Which means insurance rates would absolutely kill you... Even liability only would for for easily over 400 a month for a teen driver on both of those cars.. The only thing you could do integra wise and not be raped on insurance would be a LS,RS or GS. The RS is the base package and sometimes doesn't have AC, Sunroof, ABS.. and a couple other things. But The LS has all that & the GS is basically a little more luxurious, like with leather seats and stuff. But seriously. You need to be getting car insurance quotes on vehicles before you begin to fall in love.. i learned that one the hard way. Also its not really that Teg's are easy to steal, they're just high risk to be stolen. It also doesn't really matter where you live, unless its a tiny town in the middle of nowhere. There is pretty much the same chance for a car to be stolen. But to answer your question, the Type-R is the king of Teg's They're also still expensive, a decent shape one would still be at least 13,000. Oh and also both those models run on premium fuel.

Yes the gsr requires premium.

If you flaunt that you have a type r, it WILL get stolen. Don't let people know. Make it a sleeper.

Check enginesus.com for complete type r

Swap with ECM and LSD trans. Type r's are wanted by people for the engine.

From the outside, my 95 GSR looks like an GS. The only way you know my car is a GSR is to look at the tach. Or pop the hood.

Just my opinions

Source(s): 12yr Automotive Technician 10yr Honda/Acura Specialist ASE Master Certified Technician AAS in Automotive Technology and Theory www.accuracyautomotive.com for Utah service.

If you are just going for the looks of the type r then you would need to get the spoiler, take off the side trim, lip kit, and 5 lug conversion. Yes the GSR requires premium.