Question about military recruiters?

I either want to join the army or navy, I'm just not sure yet. 1) When actually talking to a recruiter, should I go alone? Or do they recommend that you bring a parent? (I'm currently a college student) 2) I heard that they will tell you anything to get you to join? Even lies? Is this true? 3) Can... show more I either want to join the army or navy, I'm just not sure yet.

1) When actually talking to a recruiter, should I go alone? Or do they recommend that you bring a parent? (I'm currently a college student)

2) I heard that they will tell you anything to get you to join? Even lies? Is this true?

3) Can you immediately sign papers at the recruiters office, or is there a long process?

4) After I sign the papers, how long will it be before I have to start basic training?

5) When talking to a recruiter, are you supposed to tell them exactly what you want, even if you're not sure? (job wise, and money)

Thank you.