Jonah asked in SportsBaseball · 9 years ago

Pittsburgh pirates this season?

Ha I want to know, does any1 really think they will make it anywhere this season? I mean, ima pirates fan, but don't really have any high hopes for this team.

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago
    Best Answer

I, too, am a Pirates fan. I do think the core four (Andrew McCutchen, Pedro Alvarez, Neil Walker, Jose Tabata) will improve this season, they're still trying to develop. I don't think Garrett Jones will improve much. I think he's a good power bat, but he'll spend his career hitting about .270 and 20 HRs a year. And don't even get me started on the pitching. It's horrendous, but we got good pitching prospects like Rudy Owens, Justin Wilson, Jameson Tallion, and Stetson Allie. I don't think they'll be good this season, but I say we're at least 2 years away from competing.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

They've got some good young hitter and a couple of decent closers, but their starting pitching and setup relievers are extremely weak. If their kids continue to develop and they can add some quality pitching they could make a run at 4th in the NL Central.

• 9 years ago

With Clint Hurdle as the new coach, they are definitely gonna be a better team. I don't think they are good enough to make it to the playoffs though. Not yet, anyways.

• 9 years ago

Better. But not the playoffs.

Maybe a 70 win team.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 9 years ago

Same Sh!t different season! They have nothing to compare to the Cubs, cards, or Brews!

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

suck ***

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.