Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

?
Lv 4
? asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 decade ago

Im doing an online weight loss calculator, and they asked me to write in my Daily calorie differential?

I plan on eating only 500 cals a day, so what would make my daily calorie differential be?

27 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

To calculate your daily calorie differential you first need your BMR ( a calculator has been provided below in sources.) The BMR is about how many calories you would burn doing nothing all day.

Next you need how many calories you burn through exercise, (second link under sources, used to calculate how many calories burned through various exercises, based off weight and minutes done exercising).

And you wanted to cut down to 500 calories, (Eating this few calories a day could be very unhealthy and you will see limited gains because you need to lose weight slowly if you really want to keep it off!) I have included a third calculator that tells you how many calories you should eat if you want to lose x number of pounds per week.

Finally to figure out your daily calorie differential you would plug your numbers into the following equation:

Calories Consumed - (BMR + exercise) = Differential.

If your BMR and exercise combined is larger than your calories consumed the differential should be a negative value, thus you will need to draw energy from fat reserves and some muscle, and lose weight.

This should be done in the conjunction of eating smaller healthier meals 5-6 per day, (if you eat all your calories from fat or high carbohydrates results will be limited.) Eating more meals will keep your metabolism constantly going!

Good luck at meeting your goals.

• ?
    Lv 4
    5 years ago

Source(s): Shed lbs fast with this... https://briskurl.com/?3zjm2
  • 5 years ago

carry a cooler stocked with three bottles of water a six pack four pb js two oranges a bag of tortilla chips and 12 servings of cool cucumber salsa go to womenshealthmag allrecipes com for the recipe for 22 minutes

• 5 years ago

Include at minimum 10 to 15 grams of protein, which suppresses ghrelin, a new hormone that stimulates your hunger. Include eggs, which are which could control hunger.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 years ago

Keep cut-up fruits and vegetables in the fridge to pick up for snacks or easy foods.

• 4 years ago

50 units involving fighting methods

• ?
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

take slim proteins and greens

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

Also include 10 grams associated with fiber to satiate hunger longer preventing bloating from constipation.

• 5 years ago

Going low carb is proven to encourage weight loss. Limit the carbs (especially polished carbs like muffins and bagels) and include a little fat.

• 4 years ago

Measure out that bowl of cereal or even oatmeal, including the fruit, nuts, maple syrup, milk, and yogurt you help to increase it. Have a set of measuring cups and spoons available instead of eyeballing.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.