Guy and girl opinions please. I'm at the end of my tether with this person?

I don't know how long this will be but I'll try to keep it short, so I apologise in advance. My boyfriend bloody hell he is really getting on my wick. Maybe it's just me being unreasonable, but I want opinions from both sexes.

A few days ago he stated he now believes in Angels and God. I have no problem with that, but he implied in a text messages that he is more important and more special. My dad is dead, killed himself years ago, and since he found that out, this is the funny part. My boyfriend has tried to kill himself numerous times (No that's not the funny part) he has got into his head that my dad has saved from from dying. He keeps saying "your dad saved me so you can be happy." He also said that my dad wasn't special and important enough to be saved even though he had two kids. I find that extremely offensive. My dad will be looking over his family and two kids who were left behind not some bloody stranger.

The thing is he once went out in public with a kitchen knife in his pocket because I text him asking if he was talking to me (This is way before the belief in Angels and God.) and he threatened to kill people but thank god he didn't harm anyone. Weeks later I get a text saying it's over cos he's going to kill himself,. so yet again I had to stop him from doing it. Last week he text me asking me why I saved him from killing himself.

please honest opinions. Am I with a complete nut-bag? Am I being unreasonable with taking offense about his comments about my dad?

He has tried to mess with my head. My dad is a very sensitive subject for me to talk about. He knows this and still disrespects that and continues on talking about him. There was one day I felt suicidal and he was nasty in text messages and he knew how I felt. He kept swearing, and just being nasty.

Please be honest I'm very outspoken therefore I can take anybody's honesty.

he refuses a therapist

Update:

Nicole I DIDN'T say my blame myself for my dads death. Learn to read

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Jude
    Lv 4
    9 years ago
    Best Answer

look you really got to get out of this relationship, His being really self abusive and not in the physical sense. From reading this it makes me go out and run a few laps to take out some steam and thats just by reading this, Gosh girl you really need to let this guy go. Him constantly talking about your dad with no disregard for your emotions is plain insulting and from the sounds of it he has some serious issues to deal with. The more you stay with him the more his going to drag you down in a vortex of emotion, drama, and stress....and he definitely needs a therapist. For all he knows, he probably think the world is going to end May 21

• 9 years ago

Tell him that you don't want him speaking about your father and that includes bringing it up in any kind of argument. Since your bf knows this is a very sensitive subject for you, he may use it to his advantage to win an argument (tell him that that would be extremely inappropriate and the next time he does it after you warn him, break up with him). You deserve to be treated well. Nut bag? No probably not a nutbag, but insecure? Yes, he seems very insecure.

• 9 years ago

I'm gonna be honest here; i think you should get out of that relationship. What he's doing is like emotional abuse or something like that and that definitely isnt healthy. If hes just gonna toy with yur feelings like this then don't bother with him. He's a complete psycopath. If he was a good boyfriend he would know not to talk about your dad like that... what a douche! Sorry if this didnt help.

• 9 years ago

I'm sorry but he's a douche bag. if someone were to talk about my cousin who also killed him self the way your boyfriend is i would, well just kick him in his nuts. you don't need that and don't let him fool you into thinking he will kill himself. if really believes in god and angels he will know that suicide is a sin against god and bla bla bla. i say kick him to the dirt. you don't need his negative energy. leave him and don't look back. if he doesnt let you get a restraining order..kind of drastic, but hey might help.. i hope you get him away and out of your life. and i'm sorry about your dad.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago

well, i think u both need help first of all. you, to help you deal with the whole father issue. your fathers death is not ur fault and u need to understand that ur life is worth more than anything anyone can ever offer. as far as ur bf goes, he is not helping ur situation any. he is making things in ur head worse. so, in short, get rid of the idiot,and remember, ifhe does kill himself, thats on him. for someone who "just found god", he will have to deal with god on his own terms. its not ur fault. seek professional help

• 9 years ago

Yes you are with a complete nut-bag. He is wrecking his own life because of his behavior...please don't let him wreck yours!

• 9 years ago

well, the guys sounds crazy (no offence). you are acting like a complete nut-bag too! i think he is just trying to get your attension. this could be a serious matter, dont get yourself involved with it. leave him alone and let him do whatever he wants, its his life anyway, just dont let him spoil yours.

• 9 years ago

you should move on, if he had any regard for your feelings he wouldnt be telling you stuff like that. You dont need someone like that he needs help. Sorry

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Beat him

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

cause you love him? but you don't know why

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.