Guy and girl opinions please. I'm at the end of my tether with this person?

I don't know how long this will be but I'll try to keep it short, so I apologise in advance. My boyfriend bloody hell he is really getting on my wick. Maybe it's just me being unreasonable, but I want opinions from both sexes. A few days ago he stated he now believes in Angels and God. I have no... show more I don't know how long this will be but I'll try to keep it short, so I apologise in advance. My boyfriend bloody hell he is really getting on my wick. Maybe it's just me being unreasonable, but I want opinions from both sexes.

A few days ago he stated he now believes in Angels and God. I have no problem with that, but he implied in a text messages that he is more important and more special. My dad is dead, killed himself years ago, and since he found that out, this is the funny part. My boyfriend has tried to kill himself numerous times (No that's not the funny part) he has got into his head that my dad has saved from from dying. He keeps saying "your dad saved me so you can be happy." He also said that my dad wasn't special and important enough to be saved even though he had two kids. I find that extremely offensive. My dad will be looking over his family and two kids who were left behind not some bloody stranger.

The thing is he once went out in public with a kitchen knife in his pocket because I text him asking if he was talking to me (This is way before the belief in Angels and God.) and he threatened to kill people but thank god he didn't harm anyone. Weeks later I get a text saying it's over cos he's going to kill himself,. so yet again I had to stop him from doing it. Last week he text me asking me why I saved him from killing himself.

please honest opinions. Am I with a complete nut-bag? Am I being unreasonable with taking offense about his comments about my dad?

He has tried to mess with my head. My dad is a very sensitive subject for me to talk about. He knows this and still disrespects that and continues on talking about him. There was one day I felt suicidal and he was nasty in text messages and he knew how I felt. He kept swearing, and just being nasty.

Please be honest I'm very outspoken therefore I can take anybody's honesty.
he refuses a therapist
Update: Nicole I DIDN'T say my blame myself for my dads death. Learn to read