Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 9 years ago

Should I be concerned about my 5-year old child becoming an evil serial killer?

I have a beautiful five year old little boy who is as adorable as can be but you can't believe how cruel he is. He kills every living thing he touches...I know this because of the pets we've given him, the whole lot of them ended up dead. I know he has something big against dogs, his mum and I don't know what or why, but all other animals he seems to have a huge distaste for as well. He is plain cruel. My wife found him in the backyard purposely trying to kill one of our chickens with a stick. He is also very aggressive and controlling with other children and hits and kicks them. Children are afraid of him. He is our only child and gets all of our love and everything he could want. Any suggestions on what to do about this or what it might be? Should I be worried about him becoming an evil serial killer or dictator or something of that nature?

Best Answer

What, exactly, is "adorable as can be" about this child?

• 4 years agoReport

if your worried about his behavior get your child help and maybe he needs a social worker or psychiatrist I am no able to help other then say i cant helps tor a hospital setting were he can get help

It is said that that's a sign. However, i used to be cruel to animals as a child and knew a lot of other boys who were too, and i grew up to be vegan and an animal liberation campaigner, to the extent that i came close to firebombing butcher's shops. I was also a hunt saboteur and i'm active in the peace movement. So you could look at a serial killer's life and find that in their past but if you looked into my past as a pacifist vegetarian, you would also find that. So it may be some cause for concern but i'm afraid that's what a lot of boys are like. You might want to look into studies on it and see how well-designed the research is, because i know for sure i went totally the other way and your son could be the same.

• 4 years agoReport

if your worried get your son help

Take him to a shrink now. The longer you wait, the more pronounced his antisocial behaviour will become. And yes, you should be very concerned.

Not all serial killers were abused as children. Some came from very loving homes. All serial killers do start off fairly early in life torturing non threatening life forms.......such as animals, insects or even babies.

• Help

Killing animals as a child is actually how a lot of serial killers start out life, which is worrying. I think it would be best to get him some help, perhaps from a doctor?

Serial killer Yes

Evil dictator just make sure he puts money into your Swiss bank account

yes, this is a big flag for mental illness - cruelity to animals as a child. I would talk to a school counselor for her suggestions or even speak to a child therapist to double check. Now, I am assume that this behavior isn't being taught to him by a parent or guardian.

Source(s): mental health clinician.

Yes there is one chief cause of serial killers. They were beaten or worse as a child. Basically beat them when they are young and they will become monsters. The classic serial killers are all like this. Usually the mother, sometimes worse.

Estranged, detached and savage.

i don't think you have to worry about a dictator and even if you did there are some perks to that but he sounds like a downright mean kid and should be disciplined for his own sake

Children need discipline to know what is right and what is wrong. It seems that you are not teaching him this difference very well, and should consider stricter discipline.

No.

But you ought to develop better parenting skills.

Asking again changes nothing.

He is getting all your attention...but is that very loving?