if Cable is hook up to red, white and yellow, how do I hook up the DVD with same color,1 spot for yellow.?

I can hook up the red and white, there is no place for the yellow, so, does that mean I don't need to worry about the yellow.

Favorite Answer

You'll need an external switch and an extra set of cables. I linked one example.

> I can hook up the red and white, there is no place for the yellow,

> so, does that mean I don't need to worry about the yellow.

No. The yellow is where the picture comes from. I doubt seriously that your TV has a spare input for audio (white and red) without a corresponding video input jack - I'll bet those extra white/red jacks are audio *outputs*, which won't help you.

However, it is possible that your extra white and red jacks are paired with an S-video input - this is a round black connector a little larger than the "RCA" jacks. Your DVD player most certainly will have an S-video output. You can hook this up just by buying an S-video cable. In that case, you would not have to hook up the yellow.

Sullivan is correct. Red and white is for audio right and left. Yellow is for video. I would only add that if your TV is old enough it may not have any video hook up, other than a coaxial input, which is where you would plug in an antenna. This being the case, your DVD player might have a co-axial output. You would just need a standard co-ax cable.

That depends, I need more info.

Many TV's, mainly older ones, only have either red or yellow. They are both audio, and you only need one.

I never knew you could have sex questions on here

Source(s): nicole prescott