Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingAdolescent · 9 years ago

Age appropriate bathing suit for a 13 year old? (See picture)?

http://www.walmart.com/cp/Swimwear/163846?catNavId...

I am 13. Is this bathing suit too mature for me? If so, what bathing suits are age appropriate? (Keep in mind it must be a full piece because I am a little chubby)

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Shape-Solutions-by-Catal... this is the actual link, sorry. And I know Walmart isn't the best place to get clothes but whatever, some of their stuff is good.

Favorite Answer

Anything as long as it's not skimpy.

Nothing annoys me more than little teens trying to show off their developing bodies.

All of those swimsuits from Wal-Mart are going to be made really cheaply. They're not made to last. You can get a better quality one from Wet Seal, Forever 21, Aeropostale or Old Navy for around the same price and if you don't have one near you, you can order it off the internet. They're are many more options for more modest swim suits, also. If your concerned about being chubby, you can also try monokini's or even tankini's. Monokinis will let some of your tummy and back show through, and tankinis cover your tummy.

The link showed a whole bunch of bathing suits, but as long as your top isn't hanging out and it's not too high cut, then that is fine. I personally like the tankini tops with the boy shorts.

If I were you, I'd wear the "Catalina - Women's Halter Tankini Top & Boy-Short Bottoms". It covers the stomach, which is essential for girls your age and it's black, so it will be slimming on you :)

any of those would be fine except for the 'smart and sexy push up' styles.. also steer clear of the animal print ones, they send the wrong message for a 13 year old. but the others are all just fine.

I like the zebra stripe tankini top with the boy shorts!

Thats cute.

Maybe try something like this, one piece with side cutouts. I have a black one very similar to this and its very figure flattering!

http://www.sunsportfashions.com/images/monokini.jp...

im 13 too.

i wear a bikini, i think its fine.

btw your link shows all of them.

and you might wanna shop someplace other than walmart for bathing suits......

i think the zebra or pink ones....but if you don't have the body for a bikini don't wear one!

• Nicole

what do you mean??? thye have two pieces for toddler now