Becoming a pharmacy tech north carolina?

In north Carolina do you have to attend a formal program or could I study from home and challenge the test? Also is it even required to be certified in north Carolina?

• ?
    Favorite Answer

Here are the summarized requirements for North Carolina (it is from http://www.pharmacytechnicianhq.com/):

North Carolina State Requirements - Board of Pharmacy Technician Guidelines states the following requirements for becoming a pharmacy technician:

-Complete pharmacy technician registration application and pay $30 application fee

-The pharmacist to technician ration is 1:2, it may be increased if the additional technicians are nationally certified

-Employers are required to ensure that specific training of a new technician is competed

So, yes you need to be registered in North Carolina, there is not state specific test (but I do recommend obtaining your national certification, which is a test), and you do not need a formal training program, but your employer needs to have specific training for your practice site.

If you have a job lined up, then go for it. If you need to get a job, I recommend an online program to get some basic training (online programs are lower cost and you can complete at your own pace). I have a lot of recommendations and tips on the site listed above. Best of luck,

Source(s): I am a pharmacy manager