Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Becoming a pharmacy tech north carolina?

In north Carolina do you have to attend a formal program or could I study from home and challenge the test? Also is it even required to be certified in north Carolina?

1 Answer

Relevance
  • ?
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Here are the summarized requirements for North Carolina (it is from http://www.pharmacytechnicianhq.com/):

North Carolina State Requirements - Board of Pharmacy Technician Guidelines states the following requirements for becoming a pharmacy technician:

-Complete pharmacy technician registration application and pay $30 application fee

-The pharmacist to technician ration is 1:2, it may be increased if the additional technicians are nationally certified

-Employers are required to ensure that specific training of a new technician is competed

So, yes you need to be registered in North Carolina, there is not state specific test (but I do recommend obtaining your national certification, which is a test), and you do not need a formal training program, but your employer needs to have specific training for your practice site.

If you have a job lined up, then go for it. If you need to get a job, I recommend an online program to get some basic training (online programs are lower cost and you can complete at your own pace). I have a lot of recommendations and tips on the site listed above. Best of luck,

Source(s): I am a pharmacy manager
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.