i Would like to know in detail about Cloud Computing.Anyone please help me in this regard?

2 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Cloud computing allows companies to lease rather than buy services such as:

Compute Capacity

Storage

Software applications

By leasing rather than buying, companies can save money on hardware and software infrastructure as well as managing and maintaining equipment. Small companies and startups can benefit greatly because they can dramatically reduce the cost of startup and expansion; it provides them with a pay-as-you-grow model.

Some of the major cloud providers include:

Amazon

Google

Microsoft

SalesForce

Rackspace

Terremark

GoGrid

Hosting.com

Oracle

Syamantec

etc.

In addition, there are many other companies that perhaps don't offer cloud services directly, but help with management, security, compliance, etc. The shift to cloud computing is creating lots of new problems that require solutions.

There are many books, websites, and articles written on this subject. To give you an idea of the complexity involved, here is a simple mindmap:

http://broadcast.oreilly.com/2010/06/cloud-computi...

The article at the link below explains cloud computing through a simple analogy to electricity retailers of the late 19th century:

http://technologyfortherestofus.com/cloud-computin...

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • butlin
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

interior the Southern us of a they tell their childrens that Angels are crying while it rains. i do no longer think of they have actual all started coaching such nonsense, yet some are perilously close. additionally, My daughter and all 4 of my grandkids stay in Nebraska!!!! The land of creationism. Do I difficulty approximately their educations? You wager I do. I made specific Michelle have been given an extremely reliable training, i'm trusting her to instruct the kidletts information. so a strategies, she's doing a extraordinarily darn reliable activity with them, I in basic terms choose they might pass back right here.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.