Will the bank put a hold on a direct deposit from the IRS?

We're anticipating a large tax refund this year due to our adoption tax credit (it will be greater than $10k). It is going to be direct deposited into an old bank account that we will be able to reopen once the direct deposit arrives. Will the bank (I've gotten 2 different answers from the bank is why... show more We're anticipating a large tax refund this year due to our adoption tax credit (it will be greater than $10k).

It is going to be direct deposited into an old bank account that we will be able to reopen once the direct deposit arrives.

Will the bank (I've gotten 2 different answers from the bank is why I'm coming here) put a hold on funds from the IRS?

One person says that deposits that large will be subject to bank holds, and the other person says that no, anything from the IRS, no matter how large, is considered good and there will not be a hold.

We just want to be able to pay some bills...I mean, we don't even need cash...temporary checks from them will be fine until our debit card comes in.

If we write temporary checks, if the checks go past the "hold" amount, will they honor them or decline them? We don't want a bunch of hot checks on our record, obviously!

Thanks for any help you can provide!
Update: Cathi, did you not read where I stated I got 2 different answers from the bank? That's why I'm here.
Update 2: Thank you Bostonian, I was so hoping you'd answer!