kobalt or Craftsman?

Saw a 277pc Kobalt set @ Lowe's for $200 the most I saw for Craftsman was 255 for same price. Which is better quality?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Since you are asking this question here, I will presume that you are not a pro. Either of these sets should hold up to normal homeowner use. If you plan on using these professionally, go with Snap-on, SK, or Mac. They cost more, in some cases quite a bit more. However, they are MUCH more durable. While Sears or Lowe's will replace MOST broken hand tools for free, having to run to the store in the middle of a job is frustrating as heck. Hope this helps.

Source(s): Carpenter/contractor
  • Anonymous
    6 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

kobalt or Craftsman?

Saw a 277pc Kobalt set @ Lowe's for $200 the most I saw for Craftsman was 255 for same price. Which is better quality?

Source(s): kobalt craftsman: https://biturl.im/Pc8vZ
  • 4 years ago

Kobalt Socket Sets

• 1 decade ago

I've owned Craftsman socket sets and I thought they were very good. Never owned Kobalt, but I'd buy Craftsman hand tools as they've always seemed like a good investment. Not to mention you can't beat the warranty on Craftsman.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Kobalt, hands down. Craftsman is turning into junk.

• 1 decade ago

it depends, i think you can return any craftsman hand tool or socket and exchange it for a new one

i've seen people buy used craftsman tools at flea markets and bring them to the store and get new stuff

Kobalt eh, not too good

• Tomcat
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

Although Sears has gone down hill they are good about hand tool returns. Many Kobalt hand tools have heavy rubber handles that aren't comfortable to use. Sears will give you a new tool off the shelf when you return a broken one.

• 1 decade ago

Sears aka K Mart will replace items like ratchets with what they call reconditioned ones now. The so called reconditioned one I got was worse than the one I traded in. Lowes Kobalt tools will be replaced with new!!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Craftsman gives you a ...."New Replacement",.... no questions asked..Including..... Tape Measures.

Tool quality is just as good as all the rest.

• 1 decade ago

kobalt

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.