2011 World Series Champion Boston Red Sox?

I think so. What do you think?

Rock over Fenway,

Rock on Boston!!

Red Sox: 2011 World Series Champions!

• Favorite Answer

If they can stay healthy, you bet your ***!

Go Red Sox!

Source(s): Personal Opinion

Not so fast, my friend. Sure the Red Sox added Gonzalez and Crawford, and have Youkilis, Pedroia, and Ellsbury healthy (even though they let Beltre, who had a great 2010, go). BUT, the Red Sox have just as many potential pitching issues as the Yankees do, and I can't believe that it's almost never mentioned.

Lester will be great, that's a given. Buchholz was great last year, can he duplicate it? If you look closely, his walk-to-strikeout rate wasn't great, so he may have been a little lucky. Will Beckett, Dice-K, and Lackey rebound? Beckett was awful, Dice-K is inconsistent, and Lackey looks like he is on the downside. The Yankees take a lot of heat for holes in their rotation, but I would put their rotation, with CC and an improving Phil Hughes, alongside Boston's any day, especially with some younger guys on the way to replace Garcia or Colon, if they make the team. Tampa Bay and maybe even Toronto have better pitching right now than either team anyway.

There have been loaded teams before that have fallen short of expectations before, and Boston still has to do it on the field. Like the Yankees, teams are going to get up when facing the Red Sox.

• Fungo

Thinking so is great but it doesn't make it happen.

I think everyone should just sit back, root for their teams, enjoy the season and wait to see what happens. There is a l o n g ways to go before the real 2011 World Series Champions are crowned.

There will be a Yankees-Giants world series. F**K Boston teams (except the Celtics)!

No I don't think the overrated Red Sox are going to be winning the World Series, nor do I think they are even going to win their division. I think the Yankees have more pitching depth, a better bullpen and a better lineup.

Absolutely!

Red Sox don't have enough depth in there lineup after 6. And their Starting 5 won't stay healthy.

Tigers over Brewers.

I think you've got your cart way too far in front of your horse. It's a long, long way from February to November. I mean Beckett already is out with a concussion. That's how fragile a season can be.

Absolutely. Who's the clown that said Tampa would win the division? Seriously? This is 2011 pal.

Sure, why not?

But worry about that, then. Right now there's over 2000 major league games to enjoy ahead of us.