Cousin as guardian for piercing?

I'm 17 and i wanna go in to get my nipples pierced. My mom would never agree to it so i was wondering if it'd be okay to bring in my 22 year old cousin to sign for me? Btw, this is at Atomic Tattoos in Tampa, FL

Update:

The last time my mother took me there to pierce my septum all they asked for was her ID then told her to get the form notarized. There was no birth certificate involved.

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago
    Best Answer

Nipple piercings are considered genital piercings so it's illegal to pierce you even if you have consent. Also, it's illegal for your cousin to pose as your legal guardian if she isn't.

Wait 12 months, if you really want the piercing then you'll want it once you turn 18

edit:

It IS in fact illegal to get your nipples pierced in the US if you're a minor because nipples are viewed as a genital piercing; the law and the Association of Professional Piercers told me so.

This isn't just the law, this is also just basic ethics.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Unless Florida is any different from Pennsylvania and California. No, it must be a legal guardian, for liability reasons. The piercer wants to remain professional and if your mother finds out it could possibly tarnish his or her reputation and even get them fired. This is especially strict if the piercing is being done in a tattoo parlor because not only is the piercer liable, so is their employer. I'd say wait until you're 18 to get it done, for the safety of both you and the piercing professional.

Source(s): dating a certified piercer.
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago

hey i'm 17 too and i got my nipple's pierced in jan this year just explain to them that your 17 and as it's not a genital piercing so it's not illegal (this is what my piercer told me) and see what they say!

Source(s): me!
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago

It has to be a legal guardian. They have to ahve i.d and ur birth certificate

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago

Why nipples doesn't even look good

• 9 years ago

Nipple Piercing Can cause a disease , i reccomend Not to do that

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.